Wednesday Hodgepodge








It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.


1. What does productivity look like to you? Well, in my own life, I'd say productivity is more using my time wisely and to get the most out of it. Staying on task, though often for me that can be tricky and something I need to work on. I can be easily distracted. 

2. What was your fondest (or one of your fondest) memory of High School? While I don't have an amazing memory, I know that I loved the people I hung out with, my youth group and being in band and on the drill team. 

3. What did you do the summer after High School? Oh boy..no idea. I probably babysat to make money, and got ready to go to community college.  

4. June 14th is National Strawberry Shortcake Day...are you a fan, and if so will you celebrate? Well I didn't know that so I probably won't celebrate, though I do have some berries, so I could make some. How do you make yours? I DO NOT like the store bought spongy cake, if I make it, I'll do a sweet biscuit or angel food cake. Have you been strawberry picking? Years ago I picked a few times, otherwise I just bought them pre-picked. If so what do you do with all those berries? I used to make freezer jam for years but then we weren't eating it as much, and berries got more expensive so I stopped. Here's a post I wrote about making jam.

Strawberry shortcake using Joanna Gaines recipe for biscuits. 


5. What's something you always splurge on? Hmm..when I think of splurging I think of treating myself, so I suppose I would say coffee shop coffees. On daily living things, I would say now I am willing to spend more on grocery items that have better ingredients though I still try to find the best deals. This wasn't always the case because of budget and lack of knowledge. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. I'm writing this at midnight. My daughter who is in Hawaii for a month has been texting me. They are camping for a week, and tonight they are the only ones camping at the park and she felt a little nervous so I encouraged her to either sleep in their car where it could be locked or try to find a room and we'd help with the cost if needed. I think they're going to try and find a hotel, so I'm waiting up to see the end result. I know I won't fall asleep til I know they find one. They ended up finding a hotel. I think they were going to just sleep in the car, but I think they did find one eventually. Hopefully they were able to get a good night sleep.


She sent me these yesterday.

My son in law is in Mexico for the week so my daughter and the grandkids came and stayed the night. That was fun. We did bacon, sausage and crepes for dinner. I was craving a crepe like one we had on our October vacation, which had nutella, bananas, strawberries and whipped cream. Well, I don't like to buy Nutella (not the greatest ingredients) and the stores I went to didn't have any better options. My daughter suggested I put some cocoa powder in with some peanut butter. I did that with some maple syrup to sweeten it. Wow, that was good. Tomorrow is my day to babysit the grandkids so I'll watch them here, and then take them home when my daughter is done working. 

My hubby and I went away for 4 days last week/weekend to Anderson Island, Wa. That was a nice trip. I'll probably write more about that on my Weekend Coffee Share post. It is an island about 8 sq. miles. There are a few thousand residents, but only one small general store, a cafe, and a golf course that has a restaurant. There's also a historical museum. We had a lot of down time. We took lots of walks, visited 3 of their parks with hiking trails. I did two puzzles, read and we played a few games. 

Arrived at our house. It is owned by one of my hubby's co-workers so we sent her a pic when we got there.
The house. It was so cute inside. 

Hunting for sea glass, shells and pretty rocks.


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirsting

Comments

  1. Camping alone would probably make me nervous too. Although you don't really know who's around you in a campground either I guess. We used to camp a lot and I wonder how I'd feel about it now. I love the outdoors, sleeping in a tent, but the world is crazier it seems. We'd love to take our grandkids camping. I'm glad yours got a room. I don't like the spongey cakes either, they taste so artificial. I think I might use some of my frozen berries tonite and make a shortcake though. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting Joyce. I used to love camping. We don't do it anymore

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your daughter found a hotel room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your daughter found a place to stay where she felt safer. I'd be nervous in a campground all by myself too! Your homemade Nutella substitute sounds yummy! I might try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...and think we'll be looking into having her do some self defense classe.

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    What an amazing adventure your daughter is on. My sister spent a month in Hawaii each year for her previous job. I have not visited. Have you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't visited either. But hope to one day.

      Delete
  5. I don't have daughters but I would be a bit concerned about camping alone. I'm glad she found a place to lay her head for the night. My sons hike and backpack but where they go, they rarely see humans - just bears and wild animals. I used to worry but its what they love to do. That island sure sounds nice and the house is cute. Must have been very relaxing.
    Enjoyed your answers, like always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad she found a place too. I have never backpacked and don't think I'd enjoy it.

      Delete
  6. I wouldn't be able to sleep until I heard the end of that story, too. Glad they found a hotel. Lovely photos from Hawaii and Fun selfie to send to the owner of that cabin! Yum to strawberry jam. Hope the rest of the week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liked reading your answers. I agree, you daughter should sleep in the car. Sounds like an awesome trip she is on. That was fun with the grand kids. Wow, what a fun trip you had too! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts