Tuesday Four....Summer Solstice


Summer Solstice

 

 It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week to get you blogging, visiting and  learning about yourself and other bloggers.   The more people join in, the merrier and the better it gets. We are always looking for topics, subjects and ideas so feel free to chime in if you have ideas. Welcome!

The Summer solstice arrived and some got hot weather and some got chill and rain.  But summer is the time for holidays or vacations, summertime activities and being outdoors more.  It's also a time, like winter, for complaints and we realize that people in Texas, Arizona and Florida stay inside in summer.

1. How is summer treating you so far this year?  Well, I always laugh a little when people talk about summer because I often feel like it's not a lot different on the day to day than other days. I still get up, go to work, come home, make dinner. I suppose the biggest thing is loving the longer days (though during the week I head to bed before it's dark because I get up so early). Could things improve? Yes, I could improve. I could be much more intentional with what I do during the weekends and days off to maximize all that summer has to offer me. How do you make summer fun in your neck of the woods? Playing with the grandkids outside, making fires in the fire pit and roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. We love to go on walks and hikes! 

2.We give you magic powers! You can change the climate, the surroundings, even  your house and anything you like. Tell us what you are doing to make your summer or your entire year better..... GO! I wouldn't change my house (though I'd remodel the original side to match more with the new side)....I would completely landscape it with lots of plants, flowers, water feature, add a pool, plenty of outdoor furniture. Temps in the mid to upper 70's. Rain at night only. The ability to go to bed late and still get up early and be functional. 

3. The puppy on the boat at the right is your new friend.  He wants a name.  What name will you give him and  would you like to be in that picture (if you can't sail we will provide someone for you!) Well, I suppose it would depend on the kind of dog, but I like the name Remi. I don't really want a dog. We just don't have time for one. I wouldn't mind being on a boat though as a passenger. 

4.   It's friendship pot luck day at your house this month.  Everyone is  coming. Please assign us what dishes each of us are to bring to make for a great day. It would depend on what you enjoy making. Usually when I do a potluck with friends, I ask them to bring their favorite dish and let me know what they'll be bringing. Usually I'll make a dessert, unless someone really has a favorite. Sometimes I'll do a theme. We've done friendsgivings where I've done Mexican theme or we've done soup and salad. It's always worked out really good. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

Popular Posts