Putting Fingers to Keyboard....#WQ Theme: Glowing



It's another week of  Wednesday Quotes, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQ here

This weeks theme is "glow(ing)". The word glow means to give out steady light, a steady radiance, to shine, brightness. A warmth of feeling or emotion. The word glowing can mean highly enthusiastic. Apparently there's also a term called "glow-up" (which I've never heard of), which is used to describe a significant transformation, becoming a better version of yourself, more confident

Whatever the definition or context the word is used, it's a beautiful word...well, I guess it's referencing a woman, red faced from a hot flash or being covered in sweat that we glow. 

How about we change it to Never Stop Glowing, or Never Stop Growing and Glowing! 


We often say a pregnant woman or new mom glows, a bride glows. How about when we accomplish something hard, when we truly live from the inside out. Nature glows when it basks in the sunshine. 


I've always exercised to some degree, though looking back, I sure wish I would have done it more intentionally...I'd probably be so much further along than I am. However, I can only move forward, so forward I shall go. My hubby and I, along with a co-worker of his have been on a journey of walking 70,000 steps a week. We are on our second 12 week challenge. I am not one who enjoys jogging or running, however, I can tell that if I were to do either of those, I can go much further than before. I have consistently done 70,000 steps for the last 23 1/2 weeks. I plan to continue it, along with other workouts as well. My philosophy is to "just move...it doesn't matter what you do, just move, just do something". 

I've struggled in the past to love myself, love my body,  love my features that got me teased or that I thought were "less than", but I've come a long way!! Not perfect, but so much further down the road.



I truly believe this! We have to love ourselves to the best that we can and keep learning to love ourselves, where we are at, not "when we...." fill in the blanks. 

Who doesn't glow on Christmas morning! 




My daughters and grandkids define beauty within that resonates on the outside. Also, that sun "glowing" on the bottom photo is gorgeous on a fall day!




Sunset glows are some of my favorites. Along with sunrises too. 



This one made me chuckle so I had to share it. 


Relaxing in front of a glowing fire when we visited Texas a few years ago. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. You definitely glow, my friend. I'm with you on the steps. I think I've been at 70,000 a week with the exception of three weeks (and they were close) since January. I haven't done much else along with it, so that's my goal. Your grandkids are the cutest - the glow with love and joy as do all of you. They have the advantage of being kids and there is the glow of youth, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marsha, as do you! This was a fun theme.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts