Wednesday Hodgepodge






It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.


1. What surprises you the most about people? The negative: I'm often surprised at how cruel people can be over social media. I know I shouldn't be, but I am. The positive: I'm often surprised, though again I shouldn't be, 

2. Would you rather have a chauffeur, nanny, gardener, maid, personal shopper or cook? Oh man...only one? Well, I like to drive, I don't need a nanny, I do like to shop and cook. I'll go with maid because there's other things I'd rather do than clean my house. I would love to hire someone to design and install my landscape and then I'll keep it up. Tell us why that one? 

3. May 18th is National Notebook Day. No idea what that means but let's run with it anyway. What's something you currently keep in a notebook? I usually write my weekly menu in notebook, and sometimes I'll write down thoughts. I bought a journal type notebook a few weeks ago at a yard sale and I hope to use it for journaling photography thoughts. I've watched some videos on mindful photography and was inspired by a few things I watched and listened to.  Have you seen the movie The Notebook? On a scale of 1-5 how does it rate? (5=a favorite, can watch and re-watch and re-watch again) I have not ever seen it. I don't know why, I guess it never appealed to me. I haven't read the book either. 

4. Do you like mushrooms? Yes, I love mushrooms. Last dish you made or ate that had mushrooms on the ingredient list? We had burgers last night with sauteed mushrooms.  Your favorite dish that calls for mushrooms? Hmmm..I'm not sure. I love them stuffed as an appetizer. I love them in pasta dishes or in eggs. 

5. What would you say is the most annoying thing people do in public? Smoke, and make out...haha...I'm a private person, oh, sure, a kiss here and there is all good, but when people are all over each other in public...kind of annoying.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I may actually get this post done on Tuesday evening...that would be amazing. We had a fun but busy weekend. On Saturday we had one of my husbands coworker and his wife and kids over for dinner. Their daughter is the same age as our grandson so he came over to play. That was fun. We did ribs, potatoes, corn and she brought and amazing strawberry spinach salad. So good! I made a GF apple crumble with homemade ice cream for dessert. 

For Mother's Day it was very low key. Both my girls had church, hubby had to run into town and do a project for work, I went grocery shopping. At about 1:30, my oldest daughter and her family came over for a few hours before heading to my SIL's parents house. My youngest got home about 2:00. We had some pizza and hot dog, hung out outside. Later in the day my inlaws came up and our youngest daughter, MIL and I played cards before I made dinner for our buddy's birthday. I know, I know, I cooked on Mothers Day, but it was the only weekend we could celebrate his birthday. My youngest daughter made an amazing dessert, while I made fettucini alfredo with shrimp and chicken, and homemade sourdough bread. 

My own mom passed away 19 years ago, and usually I do pretty good on Mother's Day, but this Mothers Day, I was feeling a bit sad, so after grocery shopping, I stopped at our local corner store and bought a bouquet of flowers to remember her and my grandma. Maybe because we didn't have real set in stone plans. Maybe it was just a year where sadness crept in. Once we were all together, I felt better. 


The weather was in the low 90's, so the kids brought swimsuits...I love these...My daughter ordered them Buc-cee swimsuits. Too funny. They fell in love with that place when they lived in Texas. 

Tomorrow I babysit and my grandson wants to have a cooking challenge....haha. I think we'll do smoothies, since that is easy and it's supposed to be hot out. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I have heard of Buc-cees! We don't have them here.

    Great answers! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi. We don't have them either and I can't believe my daughter didn't take me when we visited when they lived there.

      Delete
  2. The flowers you bought are beautiful - Mothers Day can be a mixed bag -
    I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day with family. I never think about adding mushrooms to our burgers at home, but might try to remember that next time. Have a nice rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on #5. That does look like an amazing dessert! Sounds like you went with the flow over the weekend and all went well including your time remembering your mom and grandmother with those pretty flowers. Hope the rest of the week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really good Mother's Day weekend, with much to celebrate. Glad you could remember your own mom with those beautiful flowers, and that dessert looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts