Wednesday Hodgepodge




It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. Last time you drove/flew 500 miles (ish)? Well, I've either gone way past 500 miles or just under. We went to Orcas Island in 2021 which round trip would be close to about 564 miles and we did a lot of driving there.  What's a place you'd like to visit that lies approximately 500 miles from your current location? Oh boy, I'd love to visit a few places in British Columbia or even Montana and Idaho.

2. Tell us about a time recently it felt like you were 'racing against the clock'. Today trying to make sure I got my grandson to preschool on time..he wasn't quite in the mood to cooperate and then we got there and he hadn't put on his shoes...haha...don't ask how none of us knew. I think his mom told him to put his boots on which supposedly were outside, but they maybe weren't there so he might have figured we'd grab something and he just got in the car. The teachers laughed and said it was fine. When I picked him up they said he was like "so, does anyone have shoes I can wear"..lol. 

3. Have you ever attended any really large sporting events? We are soccer fans so we've gone to many MLS soccer games in Portland and my daughter has been to a few in Seattle. What was your impression of the experience?  For the most part we love going. Sometimes if you sit in certain sections it gets a bit rowdy but we usually sit in different spots. My husbands boss has season tickets so sometimes we get to go using his tickets when he can't go.

The Superbowl, The Kentucky Derby, The World Series, FIFA World Cup, The Indianapolis 500, The Daytona 500, The Olympics, The Masters, Wimbledon, The Boston Marathon, March Madness, Tour de France, Monaco's Grand Prix, The Open (golf), The Ryder Cup, The Stanley Cup Finals..of the events listed which would you most like to attend in person? The FIFA world cup for sure. The rest, I think I enjoy just as much on TV because sometimes I feel like we can see things better. The Kentucky Derby could be fun too. Or maybe one that's not listed? 

4. Are you an iced tea drinker? I do like iced tea but it's not something I make very often. I don't like store bought. If so, do you drink it year round, or only in the spring and summer months? Only in the summer. Do you make your own or buy it bottled? I don't like store bought I like making sun tea. Sweet or unsweet? I like it sweet. Flavored? I don't know if I've ever had flavored iced tea. Lemon or no lemon? I'm going to go with no lemon, though I'd probably like it. How about a Long Island Iced Tea? I might like it if it was light on the alcohol. I don't really drink alcohol, but now and then I will have something, but I like things that are sweeter. 

5. April 20th is Volunteer Recognition Day...do you volunteer in some way? Before I went back to work and we were a part of a church, I did some volunteering, but now between working and helping with grandkids, there's not a lot of extra time left. I would like to volunteer somewhere at some point. Maybe a library or something like that. Tell us about it. If not, tell us about a volunteer you appreciate. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. Not too many random thoughts today as it's been a bit busy and I have my bookclub meeting tonight so not much time to write. I'll hopefully have more to share for my weekend coffee share or next weeks HodgePodge.



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Caring for littles requires a lot of stamina! I'd kind of forgotten what it was like to get out of the house with all the things, everyone dressed, bags and snacks packed, and then get everyone in/out of the car. Toddlers have their own pace and will not be rushed lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny about your g-son's shoes ("so, does anyone have shoes I can wear?") Out of the mouth's of babes! I've never attended a soccer match, but would probably enjoy the energy that comes with live sports.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts