Wednesday Hodgepodge
2. Your favorite pastel color? Oh boy, I'm not really a pastel person. I'm going to say yellow, or a form of a pastel olive kind of green. Favorite thing you own in a pastel shade? It's not really a color I wear unless I have a good tan. I have a couple shirts that seem to be more on the pastel side, one is pink, the other purple (even though I'm not a fan of purple). The tone of these look good with a tan.
5. Something that makes you feel hopeful amidst all the chaos and confusion this world brings? My faith for sure, but also knowing that I can't control everything and I can't be an advocate or passionate about every single thing. I read something not long ago, though long enough to not remember where I read it, that really hit home for me. I had read someone ranting on social media about those who weren't doing something about a given issue at the time. What I had read basically said that it's important to find that thing that stirs our heart, and focus on that thing. It doesn't mean that other issues don't sadden us, or make us mad, BUT it's just not possible for us to carry it all, to put all our energy into every single thing. I don't think it's healthy for us either. For someone with my Enneagram 9 personality, it can be really draining because I care so much about what everyone else is thinking or feeling. Uggh. But I'm getting better. Just because I'm not screaming loudly, doesn't mean, I'm not doing what works for me regarding any issue. Hopefully that made some sense.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I've started this post on Tuesday. We'll see when I finish it.
Tonight (Tuesday) I'm going with my girls to see the movie event with Andrea Bocelli, called The Journey. I'm so excited. Both to do something with my girls, but also to see it.
My grandson doesn't have pre-school this week because our schools here are on spring break. I'm going to take them to their favorite frozen yogurt shop. He's been under the weather since last week, so I'm sure he'll be ready to get out and go somewhere. His tonsils were swollen, and then he got some pimply sores on his face. My daughter took him to Urgent Care and they said he had Impetigo. Hopefully he'll be completely on the mend soon.
I've been looking for some new audiobooks. I've been checking them out from my library, and I've found several, but then was disappointed when my library didn't have them. I think I did find one called The Joy of Missing Out that I had marked somewhere else as wanting to read. I'm going to listen to a sample and then decide.
Well, I'm off to get some more steps in and then start dinner.


I've heard the movie is really well done. I'd like to see it but not sure when that might happen. Hope you had a wonderful Easter day!
ReplyDelete