Tuesday 4....Let the music play!!



Music, Music, Music




 It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week to get you blogging, visiting and  learning about yourself and other bloggers.   The more people join in, the merrier and the better it gets. We are always looking for topics, subjects and ideas so feel free to chime in if you have ideas. Welcome!  

 Music is something most people truly enjoy but some find it annoying at times.   Some listen at home, some in cars, and music is played in restaurants, shops, you name it, music provides a background for many activities.


1.What kind of music appeals to you? I love music. Almost any kind. I don't have a favorite genre. I'm more drawn to songs. With that said....   What kind  can you do without?  I'm not a fan of heavy metal, rap, or southern gospel.

2.Do you consider music an  important part of life?  Yes. I believe it is important in all it's forms from orchestras, to school bands, to music we listen to on a daily basis.  Why or why not? Music has always been a part of my life..my dad was a drummer, I played flute in school, and just have always enjoyed music. I can carry a tune (thank the Lord) so I will sin often. Music speaks to our soul, our spirit, can calm our minds. I usually focus on music that is uplifting or has a message I can relate to. I feel like it has an ability to seep into our being and so we need to guard what we listen to..I feel like if we are always flooding our minds with music that is filled with noise and words that are negative, than that is how our bodies, our emotions will respond and be impacted. 

3 What's on the radio as you drive or what is on at home and do you find music in restaurants and shops soothing or off putting? Sometimes I listen to the radio, but I'm always changing stations and then if I like a song, I'll listen to it. If I'm in a newer car with a bluetooth capability, I'll listen to my spotify playlist which is VERY eclectic.   


4. Would you tell us some of your favorite songs and singers please?

Gosh, I don't think I have favorites. There are so many I like in each genre and now and then a new song will come on and I just love it. I do enjoy Lauren Daigle, Ed Sheeran (his Visiting hours is really good), Danny Gokey, JJ Heller (big love small moments), I love Jenn Johnsons song For the One. I love Natalie Grants version of Turn Your Eyes. I love country music, pop, classic rock, contemporary Christian. I enjoy Andrea Bocelli. Adele's voice is amazing. Like I said, it's eclectic. In high school, Journey was a favorite as was Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith.

I was trying to find a way to share my playlist but I can't figure it out. 

Thanks so much for joining in!  Please, if you have ideas for topics let me know in comments here or on Cottage by the Sea blog.  






With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Hello, I enjoyed reading your answers and I agree we need to guard our hearts and minds in terms of our choices of music. You listed a lot of musicians that I really enjoy but left off my list. My list is so long and so varied that I guess I don't have favourites either, lol. You have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE Southern Gospel. I think it is because many years ago The Cathedrals came to our church and I was hooked! Loved them. They are gone now, but I sure did love them when I saw them. Loved your answers! Have a nice week. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like songs more than singers. I never bought too many albums because only one song on them would interest me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on what you don't care for in music. How nice to have a musical family. I never remember music playing on my house growing up. My brother did play the organ. I agree with a few of the people you listed in #4. Enjoy our weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts