Taking in Life Around Me....#Sundaystills...Theme: Awakening




This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terri from Second Wind LeisureIt's a great themed photography challenge that you'll enjoy. I love seeing the other participants interpretation of the theme each week...it causes me to think outside the box. I joined in hopes of it pushing me to get out and take more photos...I have to some degree, but I also like that Terri is okay with us finding photos in our archives, which is also a lot of fun. So check out my photos and then head over to Terri's page to participate or visit other's posts. There are some awesome contributors who always inspire me.

This weeks theme is "awakening". I can think of quite a few fun photos for this, but wasn't able to really get any new ones. I went through older photos to see what I could find. I did however get out and get some of the budding spring blooms. 


I'm also doing I guess what is called "double dipping" and including Marsha's #WQ in this post as well. Last weeks theme was a few options, one being writers choice and since I didn't get a post written, I thought I'd find some quotes that had to do with our #sundaystills post.


Watching my girls awaken dreams they've had for years is so special and exciting. My oldest daughter has always wanted to own her own business. When she was little, she wanted to own her own juice bar and was going to call it Spirit Juice. Fast forward probably 17 years and she's the owner of her own mobile coffee cart, that is focused on parties and events, etc. Here's her website if you'd like to check it out.


I have always had a camera around, wherever I go. Vacations, around the house, sporting events for oh, so many years. Our girls grew up with me taking pictures and them taking pictures themselves. Our youngest decided she wanted to pursue being a photographer. She's a barista "by day", and is expanding her photography business with the hopes of doing it as her full time job. I'm so proud of her venturing out and putting herself out there. Here's her website if you're interested in checking her out. They both have social media pages as well. 




I love seeing all of the spring flowers and trees starting to awaken. Every day more and more are blooming. They make me happy. 


My Forsythia is on the side of our house and bloomed before I knew it. 
My blueberries are starting to blossom. 
I have a few lilac trees that were given to me by an elderly friend years ago...they are starting to wake up. 
First flowers of spring...dandelions. 


I love that above quote. I feel like this is true of my life the last several years. Both ways, becoming who I truly am, but also unbecoming who I am not, but was because I thought that's what others wanted me to be. I believe we should always be awakening to who we are meant to be, to our dreams, new and old. 

Also, I love to awaken in the morning and enjoy a cup of coffee. 







I love finding fun things for my grandkids to do...to awaken creativity in them. To awaken imagination in them. To use what's around us to teach lessons in life. 




In my own life I want to awaken whatever lies within me, or whatever I may want to try, experience, learn, etc. There are so many possibilities out there for us just waiting to be discovered. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I love how you worked the theme of awakening not just with spring, but with your daughters and grandkids. How happy you must be for both daughters to find their groove and work toward their successes! And your coffee images look enticing, now why didn't I think of that? Have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring post, Kirstin. I can tell how proud you are of your girls and how much fun you have with your grandkids. I'd love a cup of your coffee, please!

    I haven't read Terri's post yet, but I love what you did with it. I've got to write my next one soon. I'm heading down to Scottsdale tomorrow and Terri and Hans are meeting us there. I'm going to take all my camera's and my computer so I can write down there and schedule it

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post full of awakenings from new careers, to flowers, and breakfasts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts