Taking in Life Around Me.....#Sundaystills...Theme: I'd Rather Be



This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terri from Second Wind LeisureIt's a great themed photography challenge that you'll enjoy. I love seeing the other participants interpretation of the theme each week...it causes me to think outside the box. I joined in hopes of it pushing me to get out and take more photos...I have to some degree, but I also like that Terri is okay with us finding photos in our archives, which is also a lot of fun. So check out my photos and then head over to Terri's page to participate or visit other's posts. There are some awesome contributors who always inspire me.

This weeks theme is "I'd rather be....." This can take so many directions. It's going to be fun to see what everyone comes up with. The thought of "I'd rather be..." often expresses a feeling of lack or dissatisfaction with what one is doing at the moment or where someone is at in a given moment. I don't care to live that way, however, there are at times this is certainly the case. When I'm stuck in traffic, on a plane or at the dentist..there are definitely places I'd rather be and things I'd rather be doing. I thought of taking more time to look for more photos but wanted to get this post finished sooner than later. 

I can also be heard saying, that while I like a clean house, there's plenty of other things I'd rather be doing, than spending time cleaning!

I'd much rather be working on my puzzle to try and get it done. I love puzzles, but they take me forever to do because of the time to work on them. 
I'd also rather be reading. Just got my new book club book, The Measure...need to get it started. 

I'd most certainly rather be baking or cooking something yummy! Being able to take my time and not rush through it. 

I'd rather be doing anything than sitting in traffic! YUCK! Even cleaning my house...haha.


I'd rather take a day trip to Hood River, watch kite surfers, eat yummy food and browse shops. Maybe even hike, or in late summer do the fruit loop.

I'd always rather take a trip to Central Oregon and Sunriver. It's one of our favorite places to go.

The beach is also another place I'd rather be at....we love the Oregon Coast best, but the Washington coast is pretty too.

I'd rather be on a hiking trail...especially if there will be waterfalls involved. This was in Silver Falls State Park.

Ummm....Yes, please. I'd rather be back in Italy!!!! 

Hood River again! 
Or I'd rather be traveling to the San Juan Islands. It's a place I'd go to again!


Central Oregon again.
Maybe I'd also rather be in Ohio on the shores of Lake Erie visiting my family!

And of course I'd rather be back in the NE States in the fall, for a longer time, seeing so much more. 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I always love your photography, Kirstin, so many beautiful places you caught with your lens! I have to say I love that Hood River shot--a sight we hope to see this summer. The delta looked like that but no mountains! You have a lot of healthy and wholesome leisure pursuits and they've caught fire with your family. Keep up the good work, er...play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri. I really need to get out more. There are some neat photo opportunities in Hood river. Let me know when you go, I'll tell you a few.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos, Kirstin. I couldn't pick a favourite, i love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful assortment of photos, Kirstin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts