Wednesday Hodgepodge




It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. What do you find is the most boring part of your life at the moment? I don't know if I'd call any part of my life boring. We used to tell our girls that "bored" was an attitude and to change it. I suppose if something was boring it's up to me to make adjustments so that it isn't. Sometimes cooking is boring because I feel like I'm just making the same things, or basic things and not being creative like I would prefer to. But again, I can change that. 

2. February 22nd is George Washington's birthday. You'll find his face on the US $1 bill. What's the last thing you bought for roughly $1.00? (.94 €/ .83 £) Well, aside from going to the Dollar Store, which is now $1.25. Gosh, I'm not sure what I last bought for that amount. I suppose a tip at the coffee shop. I always leave at least $1

3. Is it ever okay to tell a 'little white lie'? I would say if you're planning a surprise for someone, then you almost need to "lie a little" to keep it from them. Explain. 

4. What's the last thing you 'chopped'? Cherry pie, chocolate covered cherries, a bowl of cherries, cherry vanilla ice cream, maraschino cherries, a cherry lifesaver...your favorite cherry flavored something? Well, hmmm...I did chop (slice in half) some Brussel Sprouts last night to have with dinner. Oh, and I don't really like cherry anything, except fresh cherries.

5. Describe yourself with three words using your first, middle, and last initials. 

Kind, Maternal, Thoughtful

I had to look up a few ideas for adjectives. I'm tired and running on fumes. I liked maternal and thoughtful..I feel like I've always had a mothers heart for others. I belive I'm thoughtful towards others, but when I saw that word, I thought more along the lines of lately I've been very "thoughtful" in the sense of contemplative, doing a lot of thinking, etc. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. This will be short because as I'm typing, my granddaughter (2) is sitting on my desk and my grandson (4) is ready for me to u something with lincoln logs. We've had them since last Saturday. They leave this Saturday. It's been fun, it's been tiring, I've had my patience tested. We've done some crafts, played a little bit outside, and today Indy will make a cake with his Auntie. We're snowed in so we will do another craft and play some games. Indy loves playing games. He was under the weather for the first 3 or 4 days but is mostly better. 

I took the week off of work and hoped that while being home I'd get some other things done, but that hasn't really happened. It's fine, I'll just make other time for those things. Okay, I'm off to play now. 









With Joy Unquenchable,

Comments

  1. I like your answer for #1. A $1 tip is nice. I like your description of yourself with your initials. Such cute pictures. So glad you got to spend this time with them. Yes, it can be very tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no getting anything much done with grands in the house lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about that. But we had a good time and it wasn't anything that needed doing anyways.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts