Tuesday 4.....Happy New Year


Happy New Year


It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week to get you blogging, visiting and  learning about yourself and other bloggers.   The more people join in, the merrier and the better it gets. We are always looking for topics, subjects and ideas so feel free to chime in if you have ideas.

Yesterday was the day after Christmas and the final day of Hanukkah.    There are only a few days left in 2022... Let's talk about it.


1.  Many stay home  and even go to bed early on New Year's Eve.   What are your plans and do you have reasons for what you do? We used to go some friends house to celebrate but haven't done that in years. Now we typically stay home and I'm often the only one to stay up. This year we are doing an early lunch at my in-laws but will probably spend the evening at home. I'll maybe work on a puzzle or blog while watching one of the New Year shows. 


2. Guy Lombardo was a traditional fixture on TV and then Dick Clark and his Rockin' New Years Eve took over.    People ate certain foods, bayberry candles were burned for luck.  It seems that lately tradition and not just for New Year, is being forgotten and lost on so many fronts. What traditions in life  are important to you and remain steadfast in your life? I love traditions but try to allow everyone to create what works for them. Sometimes tradition for the sake of tradition don't serve us well. The main traditions we have are around Christmas. Clam chowder at our house on Christmas Eve, Cinnamon rolls at our house on Christmas morning. I buy my girls an ornament each Christmas along with grandkids, and grandkids get Christmas Jammies. I'm always open to new traditions. I suppose if I really sat and thought about it, I'd think of more that we have throughout the year. 

3.  The New Year is often a time to reflect on what has transpired and many make resolutions in an effort to improve their life. Do you count the cost of time and tradition in your life?  Hmmm.. is that a loaded question. I think I always try to reflect on the previous year and I suppose decide what was valuable and what is worth not carrying over into the new year. How do you handle good times and bad times and do you forge ahead or get mired down? I rarely get mired down, but sometimes it takes being intentional. I'm usually a pretty positive person even in rough situations or bad times. I don't see a point in being mired down so I try to learn, reflect, grow, and move on. 

4.  In ancient Israel, the new liturgical year began in the Spring with Passover.. a new beginning.  The Civil year calendar began on Rosh Hashana and 2022-23 is the year 5783 on the Hebrew calendar as of September. How important is the liturgical calendar in your life? Do you take notice of religious holidays and times?  I'll admit I don't pay much attention to "calendars". I probably should. Are the holidays more religious or secular for you and your family? I would say more spiritual...we mostly celebrate Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter. This year I read an advent book and loved it. Maybe next year I'll had advent candles or calendar. The other holidays I don't put much thought into. My kids knew about Santa and Easter bunny but we didn't make them a part of our celebrations.    

Happy New Year from Tuesday 4!  See you all Next year. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Hi Kirsten, I also give my family ornaments for Christmas. What book did you read for Advent? Oh yes, Thanksgiving! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the book Heaven and Nature Sing by Hannah Andersson.

      Delete
  2. Working on blogs as you wait for the new year to arrive. That sounds like a great idea. I am rather behind....as I a simply enjoying this quiet week between Christmas and the next year! Great pictures!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so far behind, even on getting around to commenting and I feel so bad.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts