Wednesday Hodgepodge....




It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. In two or three sentences describe yourself to someone who has never met you. I'm easy going and pretty laid back going with the flow (for the most part). I am kind and care about others, but I also don't like conflict, I'm an enneagram 9. I'm learning to look deeper at myself and who I truly am, not who I try to be for others. I love to cook, take photos, read and blog. 

2. Will you celebrate Halloween this year, and if so tell us how? No, we've never really celebrated Halloween. I do decorate for fall, and if we lived in a neighborhood I'd have candy for kiddos. Let's play this or that-chocolate candy or fruity candy?chocolate for sure. pumpkin seeds or pumpkin pie? Pumpkin seeds...if you have never tried doing seeds from a Kakai pumpkin you need to...here's my recipe for yummy seeds.  Halloween party or scary movie? Party, more of a fall/harvest party hay ride or corn maze? oh man...they both have their place, so I can't choose and either/or carve a pumpkin or paint a pumpkin? Paint or do something creative with one. 

3. What's something that scared you when you were young? The dark and heights. Are you still afraid? not of dark, but still a bit of heights, though not as much. 

4. Your favorite soothing drink? Coffee

5. Are you thinking about Christmas yet?Ahem....sort of...though life is busy, so I haven't thought a whole lot, however I saw some cute decor things at Grocery Outlet, and one of my daughter's is starting to send me gift ideas.  Does this make you feel happy or stressed? Happy...I usually don't feel stressed. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.  Boy it's been over a month since I've posted a Wednesday Hodgepodge. We went on vacation and the week before that, there wasn't a hodgepodge. I missed blogging, but it was kind of nice to leave my computer home for 10 days. I got on social media from my phone but not a lot. We were so busy sight seeing that there wasn't much time. 

If you don't know, my hubby and I took a 10 day anniversary trip to the New England States. I'm hoping to create some blog posts, but I'm still working on editing the photos. One thing I did was buy a postcard every day from wherever we were and write bullet points on what we did, then I popped them in the mail. So fun! We had a great trip...so fun!

Back to reality though, thankfully I had a day in between getting home and going back to work, which allowed me to get things put away and grocery shopping done. This week is back to babysitting the grandkiddos on Wednesday. I've also been working at my son in laws family's pumpkin patch...I help every year, but with our vacation and a wedding I only get to help 4 days this year. It's so much fun! 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I'm glad you had a nice trip. I love New England in the fall and will look forward to seeing where all you were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you joyce. I did finish my first post but it was mostly about the planning phase.

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to do a New England trip in the fall. I hope you will share your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea to send yourself postcards from your trip to track where you were when! Glad you could get away. I understand the refocusing once you are home again. Hope the end of October goes well for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen. I'm trying to get a grocery list made, but I'm not getting very far.

      Delete
  4. I am in desperate need of a vacation but we are not leaving until the first of December. Just a little longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it goes by fast! (the time between now and when you leave)

      Delete
  5. Like your answer for #1. Thanks for the recipe. I agree, heights can be scary. Glad your not stressing about Christmas. Being that I just left my computer for several days I agree with you, it was nice being off of it. That's a great idea with the post cards. Hope you had fun babysitting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts