Weekend Coffee Share.....Come Sit with Me



It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. I have loved getting to know different bloggers and I figure if they take the time to write a post, I'll find the time to visit, even if it's a week later.

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about.....


The weather: The mornings and evenings have become chilly and often require a light jacket. The days have been warm. To me that's a perfect fall weather. I don't like how dark it is in the mornings or early evening and find myself turning more lights on. I'm looking forward to it getting a bit cooler and being able to turn the fireplace on. 

What we're thinking about: I work for a store (not even sure I'd call it that)..It's kind of like a a UPS store or a Postal Annex store but privately owned. We ship packages, do notaries, make copies, send faxes, have mailbox rentals, solve world problems, are listening ears, etc. It's a small town and we really get to know many of our customers and especially our mailbox holders. Sadly in the last month and a half 4 of them have passed away. It really makes you stop and think how short life is and how important it is to take each day and make the most of it. You just never know. 

What we're thankful for: New friends...Yesterday I got to meet, in real life, Marsha from Always Writes, and Terri from Second Wind Leisure. Let me just say it was good for my soul. As soon as we got out of our cars it was like we were old friends and had known each other forever. We spent about 4 hours together and my cup was full. I'll share more about where we visited further down. I'm just thankful it worked to get together. The original plan was to get together Thursday with a few other bloggers but I couldn't get work off, I'm so glad the three of us were able to make time to see one another. 

What we're reading or wanting to read: I'm almost done with the two books I've been reading and then we just got two new ones that my hubby and I will both work on reading. Our book club is planning to meet up next week and then I'm sure we'll get a new book on the agenda soon. I've been focusing on finishing books instead of having too many going at once. I'll probably start a kindle fiction one since I like to have a non fiction and a fiction going at the same time. 


What we've watched or listened to: I haven't watched anything, but I did listen to a few podcasts last week that I really enjoyed. One was the podcast Good true and beautiful by Ashton Gustafson. The episode was called Hardwired for happiness with Ashish Kothari. His book by the same title is one I purchased after listening to the podcast. Then I also listened to an episode by Andy Frisella. I don't remember which one. He is the author of 75 Hard, A Tactical Guide to Winning the War with yourself. My husband is considering doing the 75 Hard challenge so we wanted to read the book first and I'm trying to listen to a few podcast episodes. 

Around the house: Still working on getting our patio finished, but that probably won't happen til October. I've done a bit of fall decorating and hopefully in the first week of fall I'll get some pumpkins and gourds to decorate the porch. 

Raffle prize I won last night. The board is shaped like an acorn.

Flowers from my grandson.





From the kitchen or a restaurant: I must not have made anything thrilling because I can't remember. I did make some chocolate muffins for my grandson because he was really wanting some. They turned out really good. Friday we had a 15 year anniversary party to attend for my hubby's work. The food was really good. Yesterday, Marsha, Terri and I enjoyed some yummy food at the Farmers Market. I had a Gyro, Terri had fish and chips and Marsha had chicken and fries. I do plan to make a tomato pie this week that a cousin has shared a few times on FB and it looks so good. 




Favorite quote of the week: Last weeks #WQW theme was fall....I love fall!!! 


This was my favorite quote. Ahhhh....so good! 



Favorite photo of the week:This one could be hard to choose....but I'm going to go with this one of us three gals who just happened to show up all wearing orange. They are beautiful women, inside and out! 


Marsha snapped this one of Terri and I walking across the street to the market. Did you know that Marsha does NOT know a stranger...I thought I was extroverted but this gal will strike up a conversation with anyone. I love it. 



Random or not so random things: Terri, Marsha and I met in Vancouver (Wa) and spent 4 hours together. So fun. We first went to the Fort Vancouver Historical Site after visiting the visitor center, and had so much fun taking pictures, chatting, walking around and learning some. history. I'll work on a blog post with the photos I took and try to include some history. It's so interesting. I also can't believe I've lived in this area for 30 years and have never been here. WHAT!!!



Friday night my hubby's work celebrated their 15 year anniversary of being in business. We had a big party at the Columbia River Yacht Club which was so fun. Saturday evening the company my daughters work for had a family day so we went to that from 5-7. Another fun time. It was a great weekend and my soul is happy! 





Tonight through Wednesday we will be babysitting the grandkids. I hope to get some posting done but we'll have to see. Pray for energy ya'll

I don't know about where you live but we seem to be having an increase in questionable activity. One of the people who has a mailbox where I work was sharing that he almost got carjacked in the middle of the day at our local Safeway. There are several people who have been trying to do this bait and switch with jewelry. These people were asking him to buy some jewelry for gas or something I think. They had pulled in aggressively next to his truck (which was new). When he refused, and then backed out they tried to block him in. When he backed up, they came up along side him again..he had 911 on the line and when they realized it they drove off..it's so important to be aware and diligent. 

Our daughter and son in law who live about 20 minutes north of us have had some porch pirates recently. My son in law filled a box with some garbage and some dog poop (which was taken), but when he set another "trap" no one came, so maybe it deterred them. They have a Ring system and I'm glad. Then a few weeks ago at about 2:30 A.M. there was a stabbing right across the street. Thankfully the people were fine, but that is scary. The detective asked if anything was on their ring system, but. nothing showed up. They're planning to get another set of cameras to see the road. 

In positive news, it's fall, and I LOVE fall. Fall sunshine just feels different to me. It's a different kind of warmth. More soothing and energizing. 

I also bought a new fall puzzle. I won't start working on it until the grandkids leave, and I might just wait til we are back from vacation. It looks hard and the pieces are odd shaped but I was really drawn to it. 




Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare


With Joy UNquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. It's fun to go exploring in your own town. Love the pic of you all taking pics. And heard good things about the Hardwired for happiness. i should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirstin - how lovely that you got to meet up with some fellow bloggers. I love that when you meet it's like you've known each other for years - it's funny how the connection is immediate and it always brings a smile. Sad to hear about the increase in crime - it's a scary world that we live in these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Leanne. It's so awesome. they are great ladies and I hope we can meet again. It is definitely sad the increase in crime

      Delete
  3. Wow Kirstin,
    Such a great time you must have had. I've gotten to know Marsha pretty good via her Story Chat project. She put up 2 of my stories in the past 2 years and last month adjusted her schedule to accommodate my second story because we had such short notice about moving our daughter across the county to med school. Marsha is a gem!
    I could make a list of bloggers who I'd love to spend a few hours with. So many of you know so much more than I do about writing, blogging and story craft.
    Then, wow again, about all the scary things happening around you. Scary just doesn't sound strong enough to describe what your wrote.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary it was wonderful. They are both great ladies. There are many that I'd like to meet too! Yes, it is not good situations and a lot has to do with the increase in homelessness in those areas, and just no one being held accountable. So sad.

      Delete
  4. Kirstin, Thank your for your weekend coffee share. How awesome that you got to meet Marsha and Terri. Stay safe and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Natalie...and they are amazing ladies. So glad it worked out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts