Wednesday Hodgepodge


It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. Volume 478. Sounds like a lot. Where were you in 1978? I was turning 10 in December of 1978 and we had moved that year or somewhere in that time frame to Washington state from Ohio, so I was probably adjusting to a new place.  If you weren't born where were you in 2008? 

2. Raise your hand if you remember records playing at a speed of 78 rpm? Well, I don't think that would be me....I had to look it up and it said those records were made between 1898 and the late 1950's. This site was interesting. I always loved records growing up and we had quite a collection. When they started becoming popular again, my daughter started buying them and bought herself a record player. I wish we still had our old ones.  What's a topic that when it comes up you 'sound like a broken record'? 

3. What's the last thing you recorded in some way? My grandsons soccer game...I recorded a few quick videos on my phone. It's so funny watching 4 and 5 year olds chasing each other up and down a gym floor.

4. Thursday is the first day of fall (in the northern hemisphere). How do you feel about the changing seasons? I always love the change of seasons. It seems like this year is going by so fast, but I feel like I say that every year. Something you're looking forward to this fall? I love the changing leaves, and the pumpkin patches, the cozy feeling and making comfort foods. 



5. In what way (or ways) are you like the apple that didn't 'fall far from the tree'? I'm a lot like my mom in many ways. I suppose there may be ways I'm like my dad too, but not as much as my mom. I got my body shape from my dad, but our personalities were quite different. My mom enjoyed cooking, decorating, reading, being a part of peoples lives. She was loyal, didn't hold grudges and saw the best in people. I know people say we look very alike and have similar mannerisms. In my dads later years after my mom passed away, he and I would talk about food and cooking and gardening. So in that way we were similar. 



6. Insert your own random thought here. Heading off soon to babysit. Hoping we have a great day! I love babysitting my grandkids and I know someday they'll be in school or there won't be a need to babysit them once a week, so I will soak it all in. I will admit though that I miss that day off in the middle of the week to be home and do whatever it is I want to do. That only leaves me Saturday and Sunday which I realize is the case for many people, but I don't know, I just enjoyed having that 3rd day off. I suppose it all comes down to managing my time better. 


With Joy UNquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Your mom and you do quite a lot alike in that sweet picture. I love fall and I enjoy getting back to some of our fall and winter favorite foods like chili and and chowders, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! I am so ready for comfort food!

      Delete
  2. While not a grandparent yet, I do enjoy MY middle of the week (today) day off to do what I want. Well, I work online so there's that but I don't have to go anywhere and my kids are gone at school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you share many positive qualities in which you and your Mom and you and your Dad respectively were similar. I also love the changing leaves in fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astrid. I'm sure there are some not so positive things too but I choose not to dwell on them and hopefully change them...lol.

      Delete
  4. I guess it's because we've had such a busy summer and our fall will be too, that I feel like time is literally flying this year. Cute picture! You can definitely tell you're your mother's daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...time is moving so fast. Thank you, and even though my moms been gone 18 years people who knew her say I still look so much like her.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts