Wednesday Hodgepodge.....Labor Day, Labor of Love....just labor.


It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. Something you've labored over recently? 

2. How will you rest on Labor Day? I'm not sure yet. Maybe we'll go on a hike. I'd like to do that. 

3. Margaret Mead is quoted as saying, "I learned the value of hard work by working hard." Would you agree? I think for the most part yes, I do believe that, but I also believe we learn it at a young age by watching others. Where and how did you learn the value of hard work? I would say I learned it by watching my parents...my dad was a hard worker and my mom worked hard at home and she enjoyed her outside job. My husband is a hard worker, and I think I am to, and we have raised our girls to be hard workers. I don't think it necessarily means back breaking work, but valuing the job you do, whatever it is..whether for pay, volunteer or around your home. 

4. It's National Eat Outside Day (August 31st). Will you? Well, shoot I didn't know this...although my co-worker and I ordered food from a mexican restaurant next door for lunch! Do you enjoy dining 'al fresco' or prefer indoor seating? I love eating outside but it depends on the weather. 

5. Somehow it's the end of August. What was the best day of the month for you and tell us what made it so? I don't know if I have one best day, but we just got back from a vacation visiting family in Ohio. That was a great trip. Today is my hubby's birthday, so that could be a best day. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. We just got back from a vacation visiting family...I have a bit of jet lag. It was a great time. I'll share more about that on my Weekend coffee share if you want to pop back in. 

The sunrises were amazing!!

Aunts, uncle, and cousins! 

These two slept for 2 1/2 of the 5 hour trip home.

Spent lots of time on the beach.

We were in northern Ohio on Kelley's Island, which is located on Lake Erie. If you'd like to view more photos and videos you can head to my facebook page (Kirstin Bozich Troyer) and see more. It's a public album. My aunt and her husband have a vineyard and wine tasting room. They also harvest, process and bottle their own wine. We spent a lot of time just relaxing, and being with family. 


Today is also my hubby's birthday. We will celebrate on Saturday by going to brunch and the local Farmers Market. 

I'm off to a hot bath and bed. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. That morning sunrise and coffee - beautiful. I love a quiet morning on the lake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to your husband! Hope the celebration on Saturday goes as planned. I'm glad you had such a good trip visiting family in Ohio too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astrid. We had a nice time celebrating.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts