Wednesday Hodgepodge...Back to School



It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. August is National Back To School Month...how does that make you feel? I don't really have any feelings...my girls have been out of school for several years. My oldest daughter graduated in 2014 and my youngest in 2017.  Share a back-to-school memory. Boy I don't have a good memory so I'm not sure. My girls homeschooled and I did really enjoy choosing and ordering their books for the next year and teaching them at home. 

I couldn't find any pictures of me but here are a few of my girls. 

While we were building our house, the girls often brought their school up to the property and did it in our pump house. 

Even though they were homeschooled, we did do a back to school pic.

First soccer game of the season and first time they played together on the same field. They are 3 years apart so they only got to play one year together. 

2. Something you've learned in 'the school of life'? Always be willing to admit you could be wrong and you don't know it all. Always be willing to have an open mind and think outside the box. LOVE. PEOPLE. ALWAYS.

3. Three words to describe your current mood. 

I started writing and then I stopped and thought "wait, the two things I typed are more like feelings..hmmm..what's the difference between a mood and a feeling?" So off to google I went. Sure enough there is a difference. Most sites say that "mood" is an emotional condition or state that last longer than a feeling and is often caused by a chemical reaction in the brain, affecting the emotional state, while "feelings" are caused by experiences and perceptions. Happy or Sad would be moods, while fear or love would be feelings. Moods tend to be either/or. 

With that said...3 words to describe my current mood are: 

Optimistic: I have always tended to me an optimistic person but sometimes life just makes it hard doesn't it, yet I still remain an "optimistic realist" as I like to call it. 

Contemplative/reflective: Since losing my dad last year I spend a lot of time reflecting on life, contemplating things a little more than I used to. Which is good, though sometimes the negative of that is that I overthink things to much. 

Tired: I'm dealing with some mild hot flashes and I haven't been sleeping well at night. 


4. A summer food you've eaten too much of/are tired of? I don't think I'm tired of anything. I would maybe get tired of potato salad if we ate it alot but we haven't. A summer food you haven't had enough of? Corn on the cob. I could eat it every day.

5. What small stuff do you sweat that you know you shouldn't? What other people think of me! 

6. Insert your own random thought here. Heading off to babysit the grandkids soon. It's supposed to be hot so maybe we'll play in the sprinkler. I have to bring my computer and two hard drives with me and await a call from a computer tech who is going to attempt to solve a problem remotely. I'm hoping it works. If any of you are a part of Weekend Coffee Share with Natalie the Explorer I mentioned last week that I was trying to do something on my own, and after a series of "moves" on my part I realized it didn't work how I thought it would and now I'm paranoid about undoing it or fixing it myself so I called a local tech company. Let's hope it works and they don't charge me an arm and a leg. 

Next week we head out on vacation so I probably won't do any posting unless I get up early enough before everyone else. If I don't, then I'll ya'll in a few weeks. 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I love your reflective thoughts on moods vs. feelings. I hadn't thought about the difference at all.

    Hope your computer problem can be sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astrid. I think they're only partially solved, though I may just need some direction from the people who worked on it.

      Delete
  2. Your daughters are adorable in their school pictures. Hope the tech guy can help you out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think he did but didn't haha...I may need to call him when I get back from vacation.

      Delete
  3. Your daughters are so cute. I love that red hair, such a pretty shade! We have a lot of red heads on hubs side but so far I have not gotten a red headed child or grandchild. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..I think it's the sun playing on her hair..she has more of a dark blonde color, which is funny because both my hubby and I have dark hair, though I did have red highlights. My dad was blond and blue eyed. My oldest has blue/gray eyes and dark blond hair and my youngest has hazel eyes and brown hair. my hubby's eyes are hazel, and mine are green. My moms eyes were brown so technically I shouldn't have green eyes..loll.

      Delete
  4. We are homeschoolers! We love it so much. :) I love choosing all of his curriculum for the year as well.

    Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answer to #2. Hope you get the computer fixed. We had problems recently and found a local guy who was very good and reasonable. Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm not sure we got it all solved but we'll see.

      Delete
  6. That is awesome that you schooled your girls at home. I agree about admitting that you might be wrong. Sorry about your hot flashes and not sleeping well. Me too, I didn't have enough corn on the cob. Have fun with your grandkids.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts