Wednesday Hodge Podge......Blueberry waffles



It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. August 24th is National Waffle Day...what's something you've 'waffled' on recently? Sometimes I feel like there's usually always something....but mostly what to make for dinner. 

2. Do you like waffles? I LOVE waffles. My youngest daughter loves waffles. Whenever we had soccer tournaments or stayed in hotels for vacation, we had to make sure they had waffles for their continental breakfasts. We eventually got her her very own waffle maker. Make your own or 'leggo my Eggo? Make our own, though for a long time I always did frozen. Now if I do, it's a healthier version. Any favorite toppings or add-ins? Butter, PB and syrup. Keep it simple. Waffles or pancakes-which do you prefer?  I like them both equally. I have also made cornbread waffles to have with chili. That was different. I've also been to a few restaurants that served chicken and waffles. 

3. Do you have any momentos from this summer (or past summers)? Hmmm..I don't think so, but right now we're on Kelley's Island, Ohio so I'll bring momentos home. What do you do with them? I usually buy things that I can use or display simply. I like getting mugs, a magnet. or something simple. 

4. One thing you'd like to do before summer ends? I'd like to go paddle boarding, and do a few hikes. Mostly more hikes. 

5. Life is too short to___________________________________. Live in the past, hold grudges and be angry! 

6. Insert your own random thought here. It's 7:4o in the morning and we are on Kelley's Island off the shores of Lake Erie. It's quiet, wifi is spotty but I thought I'd sit and post while grandkids are sleeping and my hubby and oldest daughter went for a golf cart ride. The house is nice we're staying at and we have a little bit of a lake view. Just a sliver. The cicadas are singing and it's loud but pretty. We're here for a week. Our youngest daughter arrives later this morning. We had a good plane ride but neither of the kids slept so hopefully they sleep in today. We originally had seats in the same row, but on our flight from Seattle to Cleveland (we flew out of Portland with a stop in Seattle) we were separated. We originally were together, but when my daughter put in that we had a lap rider, they moved her. Apparently they can't be in a row behind an exit row. That was a bummer. So she sat with Pepper, and I sat with Indy. We all survived. My moms family is originally from Ohio and so we are visiting my aunts here. I'll share more next week.


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Enjoy your vacation! It sounds wonderful. I live about two hours northish of Kelley's Island, in Michigan. :)

    My son also loves waffles! He would eat them all the time - and I have served him chicken and waffles before lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We had such poor reception I couldn't do anything else the rest of the week or go back and comment on peoples posts, which I hate not being able to do.

      Delete
  2. Chicken and Waffles are on a lot of menus here in the southland. Too heavy for me but I'll have a bit if hubs orders them. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, they are heavy...we tend to find them at restaurants that have a southern origin of some sort.

      Delete
  3. I like your #5!
    Enjoy your time with family, the way you described your morning, it sounds lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Kelley's Island but it sounds like it will be a wonderful week! Enjoy the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great week. It's a pretty little island.

      Delete
  5. Your spot on the island sounds lovely. Glad you all made it even through the seat glitches. Hope your week is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried putting PB on my waffles. Sounds good! Hope you find some good momentos. Paddle boarding looks like fun but I'm sure I couldn't do it now. Maybe when I was younger. Yes, life is too short for those things. Enjoy the rest of your vacation. It sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd put PB on many things. I love it..haha

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts