Wednesday Hodgepodge...High 5





It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.


1. According to author Gary Chapman there are five love languages-words of affirmation, quality time, physical touch, acts of service, and receiving gifts. Which one is yours? Oh  boy. Sometimes I think I'm an odd duck because I feel like my answer to so many questions is "it depends". I will say Quality Time, Words of Affirmation, Gifts.

2. What are five foods you eat every day? Does coffee count as a food? Haha. I don't know if there are 5 foods I eat EVERY day. Probably cheese, peanut butter (I love to grab a small spoon), mixed nuts (at work to snack), meat (of some variety), 

3. Five places you'd love to visit? Utah, Greece, Colorado, Italy, Prince Edward Island

4. Something you've done recently that deserved a 'high five'? 

5.  Give us five 5-letter words that describe your July. Oh boy...I had to look up words. Haha! 

1) Happy...it was a happy month, even though it was also the month my dad passed away a year ago. 

2) Hikes...We went on a hike last week, and have taken a few nice walks

3) Crazy...It was also a bit crazy with a lot of babysitting

4) Weird...our weather has been weird. But finally it feels like summer

5) Begin...I've tried to begin some new habits and routines...my duolingo, listening to Ted Talks daily, getting back into certain exercise routines.


6. Insert your own random thought here. Our weather is finally feeling like summer, but maybe a little too much. This week is supposed to be in the 90's, the upper 90's, even low 100's. My happy place is in the mid to upper 70's...sooo...I'm trying to stay inside during the hottest part of the days. Right now, it's 8:00 and I've already picked blueberries, and am watering now...if it's not too hot about 10:00 I'm going to go out real quick and do some weed eating. 

I'm not babysitting today so I'm trying to get all the things done! Even making some sourdough bread. 

It's weird to think that July is almost over...but that means we're closer to visiting family in Ohio in August. I'm really looking forward to that. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I'm happiest with temps around 80... and it's been much hotter than that here lately. Luckily our mornings are still pretty nice so I make sure to get out then before the heat of the day settles in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Low 80's I can do but more than that I just tolerate...lol.

      Delete
  2. I need to start making sourdough again! I had a little assembly line of starters going for a while, and was giving them out left and right and making bread - it was awesome. Then I neglected my mother and it died. I need to start over, I loved it. Your day of blueberries and sourdough sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed my starter is still alive...I now have two jars..they're in my fridge because I don't make it as often as I'd like. I've forgotten it more times than not but it's still doing good 2 1/2 years later.

      Delete
  3. We have been in the 90's and even up to 100 recently but today we're in the 80's. Course the humidity is still crazy so it feels much hotter. Our summer has been a good kind of busy but definitely feels like it has flown. I can't believe it's almost August. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we might hit 80's and maybe 70's next week. We'll see.

      Delete
  4. I would say coffee is a food! PEI is beautiful...I hope to be able to go back some day. I had to look up some words, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are fans of temperatures in the 70's, too. I also listed Prince Edward Island for a place I want to visit. Hope the rest of July goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay. for lower temps. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts