Wednesday Hodgepodge





It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.


1. Do you like the beach? Yes, I do enjoy the beach. I'm not a fan of sand everywhere, but I love it. How far do you have to drive to get to the nearest beach? We are blessed to live decently close to the pacific Ocean (Oregon/Washington). Drive an hour and a half and we're in Long Beach, Wa or Seaside, OR. A little further and we can visit Canon Beach or Lincoln City. Sometimes we'll do day trips.  Your least favorite thing about the beach? Sand everywhere (cars, clothes, inside rooms/houses..lol) and wind. Last beach trip you took? I think our last stay at the beach was in 2019 as a family. Oh, wait, I lied...we took a beach trip with friends in 2020 to go crabbing. We also went to Seaside for a day in 2021 to celebrate our youngest daughters' birthday.



When we went in 2019 I was so excited. I NEVER find whole sand dollars and as I walked I was talking/praying and saying "I'd love to just find one whole sand dollar". I found 5. 



We've actually spent a lot of time at the beach so I have so many photos...it's hard to know what to share.. Haha. 

2. Are you known for making waves or are you more of a 'go along to get along' kind of person? Well, I don't intentionally make waves to cause problems..and often I'll go along to get along (depending on what it is). Sometimes I just simply don't engage in something that could make waves, like a controversial topic because I really don't like conflict. I know that we made some waves when after some "stuff" we chose to leave the church we'd been a part of forever (my husband was around when it started). That was hard and made waves and at times we still feel the ripples. Explain.

3. A favorite song that in some way references the beach? I love the song Kokomo by Beach Boys, and surf City, At the Beach by the Avett Brothers (though there's a cover of it I love), Surfin USA. A lot more that are pretty great. A favorite book and/or movie with a beach-y setting? I've read some fun cozy mysteries that took place in a beach town but I don't remember their titles. Movies? Hmmm..I'm not sure. Soul Surfer, Free Willy, Gilligans' Island.

4.Tuesday is National Simplicity Day...what's a simple pleasure you've enjoyed this week? Hmmmm...having family up to eat on Sunday, just hanging out in the backyard. Watering my flowers is a simple pleasure, or just sitting and enjoying a cup of coffee. But I was working on Tuesday and there wasn't anything simple about it. What's something you could eliminate from your life to make things simpler? Working? Ha!!! Sometimes it is hard to get everything done that I need and want to get done when I work. I'm sure there are other things too, but they're not really possible. 

5. What's something you love to do? Read and take pictures are just a few. Do you do it often? I try to always be reading something. Taking pictures (photography) I don't do as often as I'd like. Mainly because of time (the lack of it to go outside of our small town to find things to photograph). Sometimes my lack of confidence gets in the way as well. Why or why not? 

6. Insert your own random thought here. Today's a busy week at work. Two of the gals are gone for the week, so that just leaves myself and another co-worker, which is fine and really I'm only working one extra day (which is today), but today will be long since I'll work this morning and then head to watch my grandkids around 4:30 (right from work) until about 9:30. Then have two more days of work.

 The weather's been really nice. I need to get out and pick some Blueberries and get them all staked up because the berries are causing the bushes to bend. Maybe tomorrow I'll try and do that. 

I did make a loaf of sourdough bread. yesterday for a gentleman who comes into where I work. I now need to make one for my family this weekend. It doesn't go over too well if I make some and it's not for us. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. In the summer of 2020 my friends and our families rented a beach house and while there, we found whole sand dollars too! And a star fish. I ended up saving them and making a little shadow box for my bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cool. I am trying to decide what to do with mine. I like the shadow box idea.

      Delete
  2. Love the photos you shared. Yes, I don't care for the sand everywhere either! Good song choices. Your simple pleasures sound nice. I need to read and turn off the TV. The bread sounds good. I am outside every other day picking strawberries. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting...I need to get out and pick some blueberries tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. I don't like the sand either.

    I like your sand dollar picture. How neat to find 5!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting. I was so excited to find them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts