10 on the 10th....10 things I love (or dislike) about summer.




It's time for 10 on the 10th. Leslie from Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After is back and co-hosting again with Marsha from Marsha in the middle. This month we're sharing 10 things we love about summer, or for those who actually don't like summer (I personally know a few), what they dislike about it. I'll probably share a few things I don't like, but mostly things I do like, because I do love almost everything about summer. 

1. Longer days! I love when it gets light earlier and stays light later. 

2. The warmth of the sun! Summer was late arriving to the PNW and after all the rain and gray skies through winter and spring, we welcome summer with gusto! I will say though, my happy place with temps is the mid to upper 70's...above that, I tolerate, but don't complain about, because I also don't like the rain. Haha!

3. Summer foods. Salads, fresher fruits, veggies from the gardens, grilling, S'mores, etc. 




4. Farmers Markets. I love hitting the farmers markets in the summer. So much yummy stuff to get. 




5. Outdoor recreation. Hiking, outdoor games, walks, etc. Kayaking, paddle boarding, bike riding, etc. 





6. Lighter weight clothing, summer tans (though I'm not out in the sun as much, I often use Arbonne's liquid sunshine which is amazing) and sandals...or barefoot. I love wearing shorts, tank tops or tees and especially sandals or going barefoot. 





7. Traveling. We will travel any time of year and when our girls were younger and we homeschooled, we actually often vacationed during "off seasons", especially when they did summer soccer. But summer soccer often meant tournaments away and that was always fun. Now we do take trips in the summer.



8. Gardening (or growing things)...I haven't had a garden in a few years, but I  LOVE having them and having flowers in containers, even though they mean extra watering. Right now I have the sprinkler on my blueberries. 




9. I know a lot of people say slower pace, more time to read (like they have a summer reading list)....and yes, I would agree, however, I'm working and I never seem to feel like summer is any different than the rest of the year...I don't have extra time for reading, etc...because I still have to do everything I do every other day, of every other month of the year. Lol. 






10. Windows open (before it gets too hot in the day), the birds, the frogs, the sounds of summer. If I lived in the midwest I'd also add fireflies. We are traveling to Ohio in August and I hope to introduce my grandkiddos to them. I think they'll love chasing them. 


What don't I like?

1. Sweating
2. Temps over 80ish
3. Bugs, though mosquitos don't actually bite me.
4. Forest fires
5. Going to bed before it's dark (I feel like I should stay up and do things, but I get up at 5:00 in the morning and I need my sleep)
6. Places with no AC

I think that's about it. There may be something else, but I can't think of anything.



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin


Comments

  1. Would totally agree - mid 70s is perfect weather! Perfect. Love the windows open, the longer days, blueberries...oh, and farmer's markets! Love those. Actually, I just love summer:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting!!!! So much to love about summer. They outweigh the things I don't like.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts