Wednesday Hodgepodge



It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.


1. Do you wear your heart on your sleeve? Elaborate.  I don't really think I do. I moreso tend to stuff my feelings. It takes a bit before I'll be really vulnerable. I suppose it depends on the topic and how well I trust people. However, I also need to always be aware of my facial expressions...haha...and sometimes if I'm not actually smiling I look mad even though I'm not.

2. A favorite love song? That is way too hard to choose. I like so many, and it just depends on my mood, or the latest songs. In Case You Didn't Know by Brett Young, You're Still the One. I can't really pick. I love music so there's always one I love or a new one I find. My Spotify playlist is so eclectic.

3. Do you consider yourself a trusting person? Explain. Yes, I tend to be a very trusting person, however I don't blindly trust people. I try to be discerning. I do, however always want to give people the benefit of the doubt and believe that people deserve a second chance (perhaps depending on the circumstance).

4. June 14th is National New Mexico Day...have you ever been to New Mexico (aka The Land of Enchantment)? I have never been there. Any desire to visit the state? I don't know. I suppose I'd like to go there. I'd enjoy an opportunity to go almost anywhere.  Some of the top rated tourist attractions there are- Carlsbad Caverns National Park, White Sands National Park, The Albuquerque International Balloon Festival, Bandelier National Monument, The Georgia O'Keefe Museum, Santa Fe Plaza, and the Petroglyph National Monument. Of the attractions listed which would be tops on your list? I think I would love to see the Carlsbad Caverns national park, the balloon festival, the bandelier national monument and maybe the plaza. 

5. What's something you've found enchanting recently? Yikes...I feel like I'm a bit at a loss on how to answer a few of these questions...

enchanting = delightfully charming or attractive.

Of course I could say my grandkids. I could also say for me, when I walk around antique stores or our local boutique upcycle shops I feel enchanted. Most recently, walking down my road with the birds singing, the blue skies, has been enchanting.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I normally babysit today, but not today. I am babysitting them for 3 nights, and wanted to use today to get caught up and ahead of online work, and do a few other things before they come tomorrow. 

I went to the store to hopefully find a few things that I couldn't find when I grocery shopped on Sunday....nope, still couldn't find what I wanted. So frustrating. A few items, I couldn't find in any stores. So I got what I could and will have to just keep checking for the other things. 

They poured more concrete today on our porch. It should be all done by the end of the week, then all that will be left is to seal it. We will eventually re-color and re-seal the concrete on the old part of the porch too. 

Last week we had family pictures taken and I think they turned out good. I'll hopefully share a few for my weekend coffee share this weekend. 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin
Kirstin

Comments

Popular Posts