Taking in Life Around Me......#Sundaystills....Theme: Summer Solstice

This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terri from Second Wind LeisureI've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme. Sometimes I'm a week late commenting but I do try to visit everyone. After all, if you take the time to produce something, you sure hope people visit.

This weeks theme is summer solstice. Ya'll we  haven't even technically had a summer yet. We've had more rain than sun, I probably couldn't find a sunrise or sunset to photograph if I tried. Okay, I might be exaggerating, but it sure feels this way. I'll probably resort to old photos once again. The good news is, they're old to me, but you've never seen them. I'm also babysitting my grandkids this weekend so I don't really have time to go out and explore for photos. Terri is gone for a 30 day road trip so we're unofficially posting since she may not be able to add links. I thought of just not posting, but decided against it. . 

"The summer solstice is a time for strength and vitality for action and movement."

I love when the days are longer, and I'm up at 5:00 every morning so I like that it's already light out. While I'm not a fan of high temps, I'm a huge fan of sunshine and daylight. I have said I could never live in Alaska, though I know so many who do live there and love it. I suppose you adjust...or don't live there...which would be me. While I'm disappointed in all the rain we've had, maybe it will help with the wildfires this year, keeping them to a minimum. We can hope. 

Summer is filled with friends and family. Gathering, relaxing, enjoying one another. This photo was of my family waiting for me to arrive in Ohio in June 2020 on the shores of Lake Erie. It was so fun to drive up and see them all. 

Summer is for picking blueberries of the plants every day and lingering to enjoy the silence. For me, going out and having just a quietness around me (unless neighbor kids are playing) is so soothing. 

Flowers, flowers, flowers in abundance! Not in my yard, I have to go elsewhere to find them but oh, how I love flowers. 

Summer is hopefully for hiking! We have so many places to see. 

Maybe I'll go paddle boarding somewhere again this summer. I sure enjoyed it when I did go!

Maybe it's visits to one of the local lakes! Though the water is so cold, it's perfect on those really hot days.

Fresh desserts. This strawberry lemon shortbread is so good. 

What is summer with out ice cream! Especially if you make it homemade!

Here's to a wonderful summer!!!



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Gorgeous images of summer, Kirstin! So great to add summer desserts and activities. By the way, links to posts, once approved, are found in the comments. I'm just not able to add them back into the body of my posts in list form while traveling. Glad you shared with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I found quite a few of the links so went and visited. :) Hope you're having a great time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts