Wednesday Hodgepodge



It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. It's National Wine Day (May 25)...do you like wine? Red or white? Dry or sweet? Do you have a favorite? Have you ever been to California wine country? Or any other wine region? What's a dish you make that calls for wine? I don't really care for wine. I will cook with it but rarely. I will drink a small glass if friends invite us to a tasting room or something like that. My aunt and uncle who we are visiting in August have a vineyard and tasting room and bottle their own wine on Kelly's Island, Ohio. I have tried theirs and it's good. I realized I missed part of this questionss...lol...never been to California wine country, and I live close enough to Oregon that we go through Oregon "wine country" often. 

I'm not sure I have a dish I make that calls for wine. Though there are a few I'd like to try. 


Family wine tasting night. My aunts, a couple of cousins and I met up in Ohio, June of 2020. My grandma had passed away in March and it was our way of getting together and honoring her. Spending time together, looking through photos, enjoying each other and remembering.



2. What's something you've whined about lately? I always seem to whine about the weather though partially joking. I also probably whine (in my head) about having to do so much around the house when there are 4 others (adults) living under the same roof. 

3. Last time you were 'wined and dined'? Tell us about it. Well, we don't eat out often, so it's probably been awhile and by wined and dined are we talking fancy meal? Gosh, I honestly can't think of when we went....haha. 

4. Three cheers for_____________________. My house being done, and also three cheers that me flooding the new floor last week didn't have any lasting damage. Yes, I overflowed the kitchen sink in the new part. Thankfully I was home and caught it quickly and my hubby who works for a disaster restoration company brought home equipment to dry it out. 

5. This will be the last Hodgepodge in the month of May. Somehow next Wednesday the calendar rolls into June. Before we go though, sum up your May in twelve words or less.

Mixed weather. So ready for summer. Ready for some sun and fun. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. The weather was nice today so I took the kids to a new park. My grandson (Indiana) said it was "fantastic" and he loved it. I even got a little sun! 

My heart has been heavy with the latest news. I know everyone's has been. I'm reminded to always love those around me, to forgive, to be kind, to not let anything go unsaid. We just don't know what tomorrow holds, and we don't want woulda-shoulda-coulda's! 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. That's very interesting about your aunt and uncle. I can understand if your whining in your head if other's are not helping around the house. Glad your house is done and so happy you didn't ruin your floor. Sounds like the park was fun. Yes, it is horrific what happened in Texas. I've been praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, how horrible to flood your kitchen. I know becasue I came so close to do that as well, not long ago It kind of concerns me because my situation was done by my mindlessness which seems to get a bit worse all the time... yikes!
    So glad your home projects are all done. We are very slow in getting our den completed, but we are older and things take our attention it seems all the time.. this week it was the extremely rainy weather and loss of a tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to get things done when life demands our attention. We're supposed to get some dry weather so hoping next week concrete will go in outside

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts