Tuesday 4.......Time


Time...

It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week. 


Let's consider time....

1. When you say "in a couple of days" what time period are you thinking? Usually "a couple of days" means "two days" in my mind.  Is your time exact or fluid? Well, I think it depends. Typically my time is exact. I don't like to be late but I will be a bit early. If we are meeting for lunch or dinner, or going to someones house, I want to be exact. If it's not something that has to be tied by a time restraint than it's okay if it's more fluid. I feel like peoples' time is valuable and I want to honor it. 

2.Does time get away from you? Every now and then time does get away from me. Usually when I'm at home. I can get easily distracted and then something I wanted to do doesn't happen. How do you handle time? I do have a calendar with things scheduled and my to-do lists. I do much better when I can see things. Bills are scheduled on the calendar so I don't forget to pay them. I used to love paper planners, but now I have a subscription to Artful Agenda and I love it. You can use RK89530 as a referral code if you ever want to try it. I love that I can "decorate it with stickers, etc. 


3. People say time is short. Then why do you do so many things you don't like and so few of the things you do like? I think often we do things more out of obligation than anything. We are perhaps busy putting too much time and effort into things that won't matter down the road. Is it more important that I clean the house on my day off or take advantage of my daughter or someone else wanting to spend time with me. Take the phone call from my dad or put it off because I need to do other things...now that he's gone I'm so glad I took the calls and took time to call him. Often I'd call on my way home from work on my late days. 

4. Do you have enough time to do the things you want to do or live as you would like to live? That would be a BIG. FAT. NO! It makes me wish I had done even more when I was a stay at home mom. Now that I work again it's hard to find or make the time to do the extra things I'd love to do...hobbies, blogging, day trips, explore more. Spend more time in my kitchen, take time to garden again..Uggghhh! 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. enjoyed your answers and I am going to try the artful agenda thank you for the code. be Blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand about not having enough time. I remember those days. Now that I have the time I don't use it like I should. I needed the pressure of working to get things done. Now I regret the years I've been wasting because I don't have the same energy I had back then. Sorry for the soap box!!! Enjoyed reading your answers. I have my calendar full and I always set alarms on my phone for any appointments coming up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts