Tuesday 4......Memories and Memorial Day

Memorials...




It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week. 

We celebrated Memorial Day on Monday... let's talk about memorials and memories.

1. Do you find memories comforting or troubling? I would say for the most part memories are comforting. My life hasn't been one that has been filled with things that would cause troubling memories, and if there were things, I have healed from them in a way I suppose that doesn't make them troubling. Or I've repressed those memories, which could be likely since I don't think I have a very good memory. 

2.  Have you set up a memorial for a loved one or friend? No, I can't say that I have. However, I do have things that remind me of loved ones who have passed away. Jewelry from mom and grandmas, a few pieces of furniture from my mom and a few things my dad made me. 

3.  What songs bring back good memories for you? Oh man. Way too many. I'm a total song girl, so it's hard to pinpoint certain ones. Definitely 80's music, both Christian and mainstream. My spotify playlist currently is filled with a lot of songs that bring back some type of memory.

4.  Have you visited Civil War or Revolutionary War sites? No I haven't. I've never been interested in war movies or things like that. Though sites might be interesting to me. 




With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. #2..I have several things that remind me of people that have passed. My Granie painted ceramics and I have many of those. My mom is still living, but she has jewelry that she wants me to have. I have my Papa's pocket knife and my other Granie's birthstone ring. I love those things. Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome. These things to me are so special.

      Delete
  2. That's really nice that you have some things from your parents...I do too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can just be simple things, but it's something.

      Delete
  3. I am a song girl too as I relate so many memories with songs that were playing at the time. Thanks so much for joining in

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally a song girl, too! I like the meme that says, Just one song can unleash 1,000 memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I didn't notice Blogger's decided I'm anonymous again. This is Myra/Mevely317.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts