Taking in Life Around Me.....#Sundaystills...Theme: Our Feathered Friends

This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terri from Second Wind LeisureI've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme. Sometimes I'm a week late commenting but I do try to visit everyone. After all, if you take the time to produce something, you sure hope people visit.

This weeks theme is around our feathered friends. I'm glad I checked this morning...I have a habit of copying the challenges to my calendar and usually I forget to double check. I do this with Terri's challenge and also Wednesday's Writers Quote Wednesdays.  

I took a few moments to go outside and try to capture some birds around our property. They were a bit elusive except for a couple of arguing Stellar Jays (they are so obnoxious). I heard so many birds in the trees but I just couldn't get a glimpse. 

While these birds are beautiful...they are obnoxious! 





Finally caught this one at the feeder. When I was walking around the property I saw several with red chests flying but they wouldn't land so I couldn't get a picture. 

I wish we had cardinals in the PNW, but we don't. I bought this wind chime after my dad passed away last year to remember him, and other loved ones who passed away. It is often said that they are a representative of loved ones who have a passed...a reminder that they are near, etc. 

We have plenty of Robins hopping around, scrounging for worms. I think sometimes they are in such abundance, that we tend to ignore or overlook them. But they are pretty birds. 



Cardinal at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. I hope when we go to Ohio in August I'll see some Cardinals and maybe get a picture. 

Crane in my aunts backyard in Florida. 


Eagles on the Lewis River back in February/March. It's always so fun to watch them. They are fishing for smelt.




With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Wow, I mentioned in my comment back to you about Stellar Jays before I had opened your post! And there they are! LOL, yes they are squawky and obnoxious but I loved them arguing on the fences in our former backyard. Your hummer pics are exquisite--excellent captures, Kirstin! I would have died to see that many eagles all at once! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. It is so stunning to see the eagles. Next year I want to rent a really big lens.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts