Wednesday HodgePodge....It's all about the letter V



It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. What does the word values mean to you personally? Personally values are those things that I consider vitally important to how life is lived. Where did your values come from? I know many came from family, but also from those who I chose to surround myself with, the pastors, youth pastors, leaders and friends. What are some of the values that have guided you throughout your life? Faith for sure and so much stems from that, honesty, hard work, kindness, understanding. 

2. Your favorite vanilla flavored something? Oh man...I love vanilla, but I'm going to go with Vanilla buttercream (on top of a chocolate cake)

3. What's something you've seen/done recently that you found to be very difficult, very confusing, very helpful, very interesting, or very special. Elaborate. Oh boy! I'm not entirely sure..I feel like maybe I have been having a more difficult time saving money. We are very good with our budget but I've been wanting to buckle down more and be even more intentional with spending and saving. Sometimes extended family dynamics can be confusing. A tip I found Very helpful was to put avocados in a container of water in the fridge and they will last longer. 

4. Something you own and love that is violet in color? Oh, I don't think I have anything because purple and any variation of it's color aren't really favorites. I love purple flowers but not much else. 

5. Do you have vacation plans on the calendar this summer? Yes. Tell us more. We have plans to go visit some of my family in Ohio in August and then in October my hubby and I are hoping to celebrate our 30th anniversary with a trip to the New England states. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.  I'm just getting over a cold and so I'm still tired from not sleeping well, and still not sleeping well, because you know how it is, you seem fine during the day but then cough up both lungs during the night when what you really need is to be resting. I've been sleeping on our recliner. My youngest and hubby aren't feeling so hot now. Ugghh. 

I attempted to make some sourdough bread using a different recipe last weekend but it didn't turn out. So disappointing. I've used this recipe before, and made it in a loaf pan and it turned out. I think I just rushed it a bit.  


Last weekend we babysat here at our house on Friday evening and then all day Saturday while my oldest daughter and hubby and actually youngest daughter were part of a youth conference. The weather was nice and I'm so glad because we spent a lot of time outside. 





With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. High Fives to 30 years! We will be celebrating 25 years this May.
    I enjoyed your last photos. :-)
    Hope you all are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your trip works out. I think every year of married life should most definitely be celebrated and New England is so pretty. Hope everyone feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trips sound nice. Looks like your grands enjoyed being at your place. Sorry about being under the weather. Hope you all are tip top soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same money-saving boat. I know I need to for summer - it's on my mind to be frugal - and yet, I keep spending. Not on extraneous stuff but things we need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable grandkids! Hope your cold feels better soon.

    My hubby and I are blessed to live in New England. We will be celebrating 48 years this fall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts