Wednesday Hodgepodge



It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. What's something you wish you had spent more time doing when you were younger? This is something I've actually been thinking about recently. I really wish I would've taken time to sit with parents, grandparents, other relatives and learn more about our family history, and listen to more stories. Documenting them as I went.  Explain. When my dad passed away last year, and not having my mom or maternal grandmother any longer, I realized, I wished I knew more, had asked more questions...especially after reading a few books, and traveling to Italy (where my moms family immigrated from). I do still have my mother in law and father in law and they are good at telling us stories. 

2. Who inspires you to be better. Oh boy...well, my family for sure. But honestly the many people I encounter online, and their stories. Whether through podcasts, books, short posts, even people on the link parties I join in. What they say often resonates with me and encourages me to step out of myself and continue to grow! Tell us how. 

3. Share a money saving tip with us. We have always had a budget from the day we married, it has helped us so much get to where we are. We started out using Larry Burketts methods, and then Dave Ramsey. I definitely price check and know what stores have better deals on what things. I shop sales when possible and honestly try not to buy what I don't need. The last few weeks I've been buckling down and not going to see my daughter at the coffee shop several days a week and buying a coffee.lol..I have the money to do so, but want to save a bit more for some other things and trying to curb my spending a little (not that I have a lot to spend). Food can be tricky because I try to buy mostly organic, natural items and those aren't always going to be for a "steal"..which is why I know where I can get certain items at better prices (as long as I'm not losing that savings by spending it in gas to get from one place to another).

4. It's National Garlic Day...are you a fan? That would be a big, fat YES! I LOVE garlic! Your favorite dish that includes garlic? Any dish since I use it in so much, but I suppose any italian dish and of course garlic bread. 




5. Would you describe yourself as decisive or indecisive. I can't decide....lol. Umm...I'd say it depends on the situation. Or decision being made. Elaborate. I am mostly decisive however, when it comes to eating out I can be very indecisive..where to go, what to order...ughh! Sometimes when it comes to buying something I am indecisive and often don't buy it because I've somehow talked myself out of it. Important things though, I can be decisive on.

6. Insert your own random thought here. We had a good Easter though my oldest daughter and her family couldn't come because the kids were sick. My youngest daughter and I ran up to their house after we all ate and brought leftovers and fun stuff for the kids. I've been fighting a bit of a cold. Not enough to knock me out but it's irritating. Ha! I slept on our recliner last night. 

We've been planning for a few trips this summer and budgeting but man, plane tickets are ridiculous. Our trip in August to see family has several of us taking different airlines, etc..because of miles, options, etc. Then rental cars. ugghh!

Heading to babysit now...if you enjoy more updates on things you can always read my weekend coffee shares where I share more details of life. I try to post them by Fridays, but sometimes not til Saturday. I need to make a separate section for all my link parties so they're easy to find. Well, just added another project to my list..haha.  




With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. We have learned a lot from Dave Ramsey! Garlic...the more the merrier for those in your circle who have the garlic, too. :) I was looking at plane tickets today, too, yikes. Going to try again on Tuesday hoping for some sales! Glad you had a good Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally can relate to your answer for #1. ((Hugs)) Good for you at always being aware of the money you are spending and shopping around for the better price. Yes, definitely garlic bread! Sorry about your oldest daughters kids being sick. Yes, flights are expensive and just going up each moment. We booked some flights the other day and it keep saying wrong information, which there wasn't. We had to start again and the ticket price went up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts