#WQW....Theme: St. Patrick's Day/Green




It's another week of  Writer's Quotes Wednesday, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQW here

This weeks theme is St. Patrick's Day/green. We never really celebrated the day other than making Corned Beef and Cabbage, my mom decorating a little bit, and trying to remember to wear green. My sister's birthday is actually on St. Patty's Day, sure made it easy to remember her birthday. 

ST. PATRICKS DAY:

St. Patricks Day: We celebrate this day to commemorate St. Patrick and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland, and also to celebrate the heritage and culture of the Irish in general. One legend surrounding him was that he used the three leaves of the shamrock (Irish clover) to explain the Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit). History.com has some great information as to why this day is celebrated, including what Leprechauns have to do with St. Patricks Day. 

I've never done a Shamrock Run, never gone to a pub on the 17th. The most I've done is make corned beef and cabbage, which apparently did not originate in Ireland. Ham and cabbage were typically eaten in Ireland, but corned beef was cheaper here and was what impoverished immigrants ate instead. Here are 7 facts about St. Patricks Day.

Okay onto some quotes...let's see what I found. 







THE COLOR GREEN:

Green is one of my favorite colors. I've always been drawn to it. My eyes are green, which did you know is the rarest color of eyes, with only 2% of the population having green eyes. I'm not sure if that's entirely true, but I'll go with it. My dads eyes were blue, and my moms were dark brown so technically I shouldn't even have green eyes. They were blue when I was born and then changed to green. I've always liked them. 

Green is typically associated with nature and also represents growth and renewal, rebirth. It is often also associated with moving forward, getting the "green light" we say. I'm reading Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey. It's good. Here are a few screenshots of a couple pages that give the jist of his thoughts behind what "greenlights" in life are. Oh, and we can't forget Kermit the frog and his song about being green.


  














With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. My hubby has green eyes. I love them. I didn't realize that green eyes were so rare. I got such a kick out of your quote about never ironing clovers. LOL. What a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, I thought that was a funny quote too.

      Delete
  2. My eyes are dark green. And green is my favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooohh dark green is probably very pretty. Mine are more on the lighter side but really depends on what I wear I think.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts