Wednesday Hodgepodge...
2. It's National Crab Day...do you like crab meat? I LOVE crab meat. Not that artificial stuff though. Give me it fresh. We've gone crabbing several times on the Oregon Coast and always enjoy some fresh crab with melted butter, hot crab dip (click that dip for a post on one of our crabbing trips with photos and the recipe for the hot crab dip) and even fettuccini Alfredo with fresh crab. What makes you crabby? Driving can make me crabby if people around are driving too slow or obnoxiously. Not having time to myself or to do the things I enjoy can make me crabby.
3. Does freedom mean more choices?Interesting question. One way I'd like to look at it is, freedom gives us more opportunity to make choices we feel are right for us. So I suppose my answer would be yes...Have you ever felt there were too many choices? Elaborate. as far as too many choices, I feel that menus often have too many choices..lol, seriously, I do. There are some places we've gone and I've thought, does there really need to be a menu book? In all seriousness (though choosing something at a restaurant is a struggle for me), yes, I feel like there can be too many choices. I feel like, however, when we truly know what we believe, are passionate about, enjoy, have convictions regarding, then making those choices becomes easier.
4. Barbara Millicent Roberts was introduced to the world on March 9, 1959...that's Barbie to most of us. Did you have Barbies as a kid, or did you let your own children play with Barbies? Yes, I did have Barbies. My girls didn't have them. They played my little petshop and Loving family and groovy girls. What well known Barbara (living or not) would you most like to meet? Hmmm...Barbara Bush would be neat to talk to, but I also think Barbara Corcoran from Shark Tank would be fun to talk to.
5. What are three things you value most in another person? Kindness, forgiving, ability to not take themselves so seriously.
6. Insert your own random thought here. Heading off to babysit soon. It looks like maybe it won't rain today so that would be nice. My daughter and son in law have a puppy, and it's never fun taking it out to go potty when it's raining, especially if my g-daughter wants to be held while we are outside. They are hoping to build a fence soon, but even then she'll need to be watched because they don't live in the most perfect neighborhood. I'm ready for the rest of this week to be done. I felt very productive last weekend so hoping that this weekend will be productive as well.
I hope to get a lot of commenting done on the link parties I join (I don't like posting but never visiting and commenting on others posts). I also need to write my post for Writers Quote Wednesday.


I didn't think of Shark Tank Barbara. Yes, that would likely be an interesting conversation. It seems very few of us watch the traditional news outlets anymore. I think the loss of an unbiased media (or seemingly unbiased anyway) is tragic. Enjoy time with that puppy!
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting Joyce! I agree, it is very tragic.
DeleteI don't watch traditional news anymore either. I stopped several years ago. Other drivers make me "crabby," too!
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting Lisa!
DeleteThat is a beautiful catch of crab! Fresh sounds best to me, too. News isn't necessary unless something in your locality is coming your way like a tornado or flood, etc. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Hodgepodge to you!
Thank you for visiting Ellen. Fresh is definitely the best.
DeleteCrabs really look ugly ! Couldn't eat the whole beast ! Babysitting is fun and little doggies too, but both together can be a little difficult.
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting Gattina...I was at a restaurant once that served soft shelled crab sandwiches. I couldnt' bring myself to order one but did taste my cousins, it was surprisingly good. They are nasty to clean, but I'll do it just to enjoy that yummy crab meat.
DeleteI don't care for the news and haven't watched in probably 10 years. People don't bother me too much on the road but they do bother my husband. Enjoyed reading your answers. Hope your babysitting went well.
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting Debby.
Delete