Wednesday Hodgepodge
2. In what way(s) do you 'march to the beat of your own drum'? Boy, I don't know. I just found this article while I was looking more into this phrase. I'm sure it can be seen as positive or negative depending on how it is walked out. I guess I would say that I march to the beat of my own drum in that, I don't care much for trends. If I like something I'll buy it, but I never buy or get rid of something because someone in an office decided what was "in" and what was "out". I also quit coloring my hair back in 2018 for many reasons and I definitely felt like that was marching to the beat of my own drum.
3. The Hodgepodge lands on Dr. Seuss Day (March 2nd). Do you like eggs? How about ham? I love eggs and I love ham and I love them together, but while I've seen people dye their eggs green on March 17th or Dr. Seuss day, it kind of grosses me out. Share a favorite quote from one of his books. One of my favorite quotes is from his Happy Birthday to You: "Today you are you! That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is You-er than You!
4. Have you read Little Women? How about Alice in Wonderland? Did you love them, like them, feel just eh about them? Yes, I read them both. I liked them, but I think I liked the movies better. Why is this question in the Hodgepodge today? They both have March in them....the March sisters and the March hare?
5. How do you meal plan? I usually plan my meals a week at a time. I don't do a lot of meal prep because of space, but on the days I work late I'll put something in the crockpot or make part of the dish ahead of time before I leave for work. I try to keep it simple. How often do you shop for groceries? My husband gets paid twice a month. On the payday weekend, I do my bigger shopping, and then I'll do one other small shopping trip the following week, and if I forgot something I might have to run in real quick. One homemade meal that was on your menu last week or is on your menu this week? Well, the majority of our meals are homemade. We don't eat out often and when we do it's not fast food. We don't do much processed food either. One meal I made last week that everyone has been enjoying is Thai peanut noodles. It's been a hit and it's so quick and easy to make.
6. Insert your own random thought here. Wednesdays are the days I babysit my grandkids. I enjoy being with them, but boy am I pooped when I get home. I had something typed earlier, but since it was deleted and now it's the end of the day I can't remember what I said and I'm too tired to think of anything else. I think a bath is calling to me and a book, oh and a little online work.


Oh my, you won't believe this. I have been writing my comments to you questions and now they all disappeared!!! Have fun babysitting. That is the same quote I picked but I had to look his quotes up. I think it's a good one and I'm going to get James that book for his next birthday. So you knew about the March's. I didn't have a clue. Good for you planning meals. I've never done that unless we are having company. I go to bowling on Wednesday and then run errands. I get tired out too and don't get to reading posts for a few days.
ReplyDeleteI had to look his quotes up too because while I know he has many, I couldn't remember one...lol. I think if I wasn't working, I wouldn't plan quite so much.
Delete