Tuesday Four.......Just Wondering

Just Wondering

It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.

I hope you are enjoying these. This one was one of the last ones Toni, the original author of Tuesday 4 did. 




A Repeat ~ Just Wondering

1.   When was the last time you tried something new?: A few weeks ago I tried a paint and sip. I don't see myself as very artistic in the realms of drawing/painting, but I've wanted to try it and since my WOTY is "Unfold(ing) and so I'm trying to challenge myself to try new things, step out of my comfort zone and see what I might discover. 

My friend Tara and I with our creations (I'm on the right). Not bad for the first time! 


2.   Who in your family do you compare yourself to?: Definitely my mom and two of my aunts. In looks and mannerisms. One time when we visited in Florida, my husband said "you walk just like your aunt Lynne". When people see pictures, they say I look like my mom and act like her too, and they also say my Aunt Jan (who is only 7 years older than me) look alike. I feel like I'm a lot like my maternal grandma as well. My mom passed away 18 years ago this month. 
My aunt Jan...7 years older than me. She loves me now, but when I was born she felt like I was taking her place with my mom and dad...my mom is the oldest..Ha! 
My grandma (Ma as we call her). This was just before her 90th birthday in 2018. Holding my 2 month old grandson. So special that she got to see him. She passed away in 2020. 
My aunt Lynne, sitting on the end of the bench, with myself, her daughter, son and daughter inlaw. We are alike in mannerisms and personality. 
Me and my mama on my wedding day. We were always told we looked alike. Our personalities were very similar as well. 


3.   What lesson in life did you learn the hard way?: Oh boy, I don't know. I was always a rule follower, people pleaser but perhaps the lesson I learned was that trying to always follow the rules and please everyone can be very draining. I also want to always give people the benefit of the doubt and believe they are being honest with me. When I find out they haven't been, it breaks my heart and takes my mind to a place of what did I do wrong, what should I have done different, why did they feel they couldn't be honest with me. 

4.   What can you do today that you weren't able to do before?: Hmmm...before when? Well, before I took the paint and sip class, I didn't know I was capable of painting something. That doesn't mean I could paint something with an actual shape....lol. It was a beach scene. I try to draw dinosaurs and super heros for my grandson and he's so encouraging, but honestly they're not that great...though it's usually with chalk outside or one of those wipe erase boards...maybe I could do it better with pencil.


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Such a nice photo of you and your mom! You do look a lot alike. Nice photos of all your family. I don't think I'm a lot like anyone in my family, but it is still cool to be a link in a chain of strong women. My mom's twin sisters are about equal distant in years between Mom and me so I understand that bit about your aunt being a bit jealous when you were young. I think this is my first visit and just wanted to say...you have a beautiful smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Stacy. And thank you for your sweet compliment on my smile.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photo of you and your mother and you do look a lot like her and your aunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie, and thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  3. You did a beautiful job on your painting! That is something I would like to try one of these days.
    I love the pictures! You do look like your mom and Aunt! Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. It was fun to try my hand at it. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  4. The paint and sip event sounds interesting! Well done with your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are lovely. I've always wanted to go to one of those parties. Love your answer for #2. The pictures are great. Yes, I agree with your answer for #3 and trusting people. I definitely know that I have no talent in painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I finally went to one. I would go again maybe depending on what was being painted. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  6. I totally agree with that lesson you learned the hard way. And as for painting, I am so glad you took that class. I think that if we don't try, we never succeed anyway. I tried macrame yesterday and, though my first attempt looked far from great, I was content that I could manage the knots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you...if we don't try we never have the chance to succeed...or fail. Oh, macrame would be fun to learn. Have you seen the ones they do with old shirts? Those look cool.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts