Tuesday 4.....March Weather or Not!
March Weather or Not!
It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.
They say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Sometimes it is the reverse. March has alot of happenings like March 1st the start of Mardi Gras, the 13th is Daylight Savings Time, the Ides of March on the 15th, St Patrick's Day on the 17th, the first day of Spring on the 20th this year March 29-31 are the "borrowing days" when weather is traditionally rough or stormy.
1. Do you celebrate Mardi Gras or St. Patrick's Day and how do you celebrate them? Well, I don't celebrate Mardi Gras, but it does fascinate me. I will wear green on St. Patricks Day and maybe make corned beef and cabbage, in fact I saw some in the store and thought maybe I'll buy one. My sisters birthday is on March 17th. We don't really talk much but I am putting together a birthday box to send to her. I always used to use the excuse that I have green eyes so I didn't need to wear green.
2. Do you decorate for the spring in any way at all? Not really, though I might buy some tulips or daffodils to keep in vases.
3. Daylight savings time doesn't make the day longer. Experts say it puts kids heath at risk as well as contribute to heart problems for adults. Arizona and Hawaii don't change times. It began as "war time" so war workers in WW2 could come home in the light. What about you though? I think way more goes into the health risks than just a time change because I think there are so many factors, AND if we manage our well-being, and that of our kids, we set ourselves up for success. Are you happy to see it return or not? With that said...I do HATE when it gets dark earlier. I get really excited as it stays lighter for longer periods. I wish we would just stay the same. Darkness is hard for me, not extreme like SAD, but I just struggle at times, and the first week or so of it getting dark early just messes with me...like, "I should go to bed....oh, it's only 6:00". Uggh
4. How has the weather been in your neck of the woods as March approaches. Our last week of February was really cold and dry with a day of unexpected light snow. Now it's been raining and plans to rain for the next week. What would be your ideal for weather? For spring, my ideal weather would be temps in the 50's, maybe low 60's...rain at times, but not constant (because it is what keeps our area green and beautiful) and more blue skies than not. I live in the PNW and we see A LOT of cloudy, rainy days.


Corned beef and cabbage are delicious, you should make some. I hope your sister appreciates the box you are going to send her. Yes, those flowers would be nice to have around the house. I am with you and always look forward to the longer light in the evening.
ReplyDeleteI have always loved corned beef and cabbage. My family could take it or leave it.
DeleteI use my green eyes also lol. Glad to know someone else does too!
ReplyDeletehaha! So fun!
Delete