It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.


1. It's March 15th and as the saying goes-"Beware the Ides of March". I had to look up that quote since I don't think I've ever heard it before. Have you read or studied much Shakespeare? I've never been a fan of Shakespeare, maybe because I often find the writing hard to read. Or I've just never taken time.  Do you have a favorite Shakespeare play? I don't think I've ever seen one.  How do you feel about a Caesar salad? I do love a good Caesar salad! I

2. Have you ever been to Rome? I have not. If so what do you love about the city? If not, any desire to go? I would love to go simply because I would love to go to Italy again. In 2019 we were in Venice and Como. I do follow a few gals who live in Rome and Puglia and it is fun to follow them. Their IG pages are sminchilli and eminchilli.  

3. What's your favorite place to 'roam'? I love to roam anywhere that is out in nature. I also love to "roam" a farmers market, through shops in a small town, and I LOVE to roam through thrift stores, antique stores and little boutiques that sell upcycled items. I love to take my time when I roam. 

4. Do you like pizza? I love pizza.  Thick or thin crust? I would say thick is my fave but I'll eat anything. Red sauce-white sauce-other? Any. We often do red sauce, BBQ sauce for BBQ chicken pizza, but have also done pesto. Our little corner market just started making their own pizza with sourdough crust and it's so good. My favorite is their white sauce with Prosciutto, salami, spinach and mushroom. Your favorite toppings? I'm not too picky, but I don't like anchovies or onion. How do you feel about pineapple on a pizza? It's not my first choice, but I'll eat it. 

5.  'Rome wasn't built in a day'...tell us how this expression applies to something in your home-life-job currently (or recently)? This definitely applies to the building of our home. We started our home building journey in 2006, moved into the first part in 2008, started the second phase in 2010, but then things stalled and we are finally 12 years later finishing it. We are about 95% done. It's been hard to be patient, but it'll be worth it. You can see our journey if you search home building, or read any of my Weekend Coffee Share posts where I share updates. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. This Thursday-Saturday we will have our 3 1/2 year old grandson and 1 year granddaughter here while their mama and daddy are at a leaders retreat. I decided it would be best for me to take those 2 days off. We had them back in December and I worked, but it was hard, and I thought it would just be more fun if I stayed home and could really spend time with them. I'm off today (Wednesday) and normally babysit but I asked my daughter to find someone else to watch them so I can get quite a bit done before they come. Online work, cleaning, etc. 

Have a great rest of the week friends. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Hi, I love how you said "I love to take my time when I roam." ... I agree. And I will roam with you any day, those are my kind of places to roam. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family has a hard time taking their time...they always want to get to the next destination.

      Delete
  2. I won't turn down any kind of pizza. Italy is one of my favorites and I'd love to return one day. I've been top to toe but there are so many little towns and villages still to be seen. Enjoy time with your grands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Joyce. We're having a great time, but I'm sure tired. lol.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you like Caesar salads, they are so good! Hope you can get to Italy again. The place you roam sound lovely. Your pizza's sound yummy. I'm impressed with the work and time you have spend building your home. Have a wonderful time with your grandchildren. They are the best gift from God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts