#WQW...Writers Quote Wednesdays....Theme: Travel: Dream plans for 2022

It's another week of  Writer's Quotes Wednesday, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQWWC here.

This weeks theme is dream travel plans for 2022. I do love to travel, both to local destinations, within the states, and abroad (I have been to Italy and Switzerland right before Covid). I hope that someday I'll get to travel overseas again, we'll see what happens with travel restrictions. 
Downtown Bern, Switzerland. I love Europe.


For 2022 we do have a few trips planned. In August our whole family will be traveling to Northern Ohio to visit my family on Kelly's Island, one of the many small islands on Lake Erie. My aunt and her husband own a small vineyard and wine tasting room. They make their own wine. Two of my other aunts live just across the lake. I'm looking forward to seeing them. Both my parents were born and raised in Northern Ohio and we moved from there when I was in 4th grade. The island is a place we'd visit often. A great aunt had a cottage there. I visited there by myself in 2020. It's a small island, just over 4 square miles total. Many people drive around it in golf carts. It will be a low key vacation and I'm hoping everyone enjoys it...lol. 

Quarry lake on Kelley's Island. Looking forward to going back.

In October my hubby and I will celebrate our 30 year anniversary and we are planning a 10 day trip to the New England States. I will say that is a dream vacation of mine. No, it's not to some tropical island, but  I've always wanted to visit them. We're in the research phase right now. 

We may take a few short trips locally for just a couple nights and I hope to take some day trips on the weekends, since my weekdays are so full. 

I love this first quote....maybe I won't physically go everywhere, but I could go there through books, photos or videos. Through shows, even through stories that other people tell. 


"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list"~Unknown


This was one of my dream visits. To go to Waco and Magnolia. I can say I've gone twice now!



We are blessed to live close to the Pacific Ocean and it is often a long weekend getaway location. 




We are also really close to so many hiking spots, that when the weather cooperates, this is something we also enjoy doing.

I know I could find more photos but I'm already 3+ days late on the is post, have two other posts I want to get written and a busy rest of the weekend, so I'll end it here. I have so many albums on Facebook if you want to check them out. Kirstin Bozich Troyer is where you can find me. I tried to do a page strictly for my blog but I just can't manage two of my own FB pages plus VA and social manage 3 others for other bloggers. 




With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Kirstin, I would love to go to Magnolia, too. What fun would that be. You grew up not too far from where I grew up in Indiana. We would go to the Great Lakes for a vacation. Your August vacation sounds wonderful. October should be a perfect time to go to New England, too. Take lots of pictures of those lovely trees. How fun. Happy early anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun. Oh, how fun about where we grew up. My FIL grew up in Goshen Indiana and that's where my hubby was born. We've visited there a few times. I love visiting Shipshewana.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts