#WQW......Theme: Communication....Thoughts on Blogging

It's another week of  Writer's Quotes Wednesday, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQWWC here


This weeks theme is Communication and thoughts on blogging, which is it's own form of communication..or as Marsha wrote Communication through blogging. We all blog for different reasons. Many blog for business, others for hobby, which is where I fall. Maybe if I had thought about it years ago, I might have tried doing it for money but I don't have time for that now. I want my blog to be a sort of online journal for myself, my kids, grandchildren, others. I still hope to do some kind of series but I just can't seem to find the extra time to do it. 

Let's look at some quotes and then dive more into combining communication and blogging:



"Communication is only effective when we communicate in a way that is meaningful to the recipient, not ourselves". ~Rich Simmonds


"Help them somehow, whether commenting well on their blog, offering advice, or introducing them to other cool folk. (about other bloggers) ~Tim Ferriss


I don't know about you, but I can sure go down rabbit trails when looking for quotes. So many amazing ones. The above quotes are all so true. Marsha mentioned the value of  "reading and understanding what your blogging friends are saying and to respond back to them". I love how she encouraged us to share what we've read on our own posts which in turn allows more people to interact with them. I need to do this more because I often read some amazing things that I probably should remember and even share with others. Sometimes I think it can be so easy to just quickly browse a post and quickly comment (to feel good about commenting...lol) but this makes me feel like being even more intentional with really reading the posts, taking more time, and leaving even more valuable comments. 

I'm a part of several link parties each week and I love them. I try very hard to not just link and run. I do my best to go back and comment on the other bloggers posts. I'm not always good at this but I really try. I know how I feel when I put time into a post and people take time to come and visit and comment. I also try to truly read the post and mention something I could relate to or found valuable. Marsha is so good at doing this. So is Terri from Second Wind Leisure on her Sunday Stills comments. That is one link party I don't often get comments on, but I love photography so I will probably always keep joining in. Terri actually lives several hours from me and it would be fun to meet her someday. I have met a few blogging friends over the years. Sandy from Reluctant Entertainer, Deborah from Salvage Sister and Mister, and Sarah Williams (who doesn't have a blog anymore but wrote this fun read and does writing features on some websites)...she always makes me laugh and I wish she was my age so that I could enjoy her as I'm raising my own girls. 

As a virtual assistant for a couple of bloggers, I know that value of interaction and engagement on social media platforms, and how frustrating it can be when it is lacking. It has made me more intentional with how I interact with others. One goal of mine is to be able to make the time to interact on other posts on a bloggers page beyond just the one for the specific link party. I can't do this with everyone, but there are a half dozen or more that I really enjoy and want to read more. I just struggle to find the time. 

With all that said, I hope you enjoyed the quotes. I feel a bit like this post is a little fragmented, but it's okay. It is what it is. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Hi Kirstin. I learned several things from your post. You are a virtual assistant. I'd love to know what you do. The good news about blogging as a journal is that you have the record of your thoughts at the time even if you feel it fragmented. You also have all those valuable comments that allow you to see inside the minds of your readers should you ever want to publish your story or stories. :) Thank you for your kind words. Terri and I are in the very early stages of planning a meetup in Portland sometime this summer. Let's get in touch by email if you're interested. We would both love to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, let me know. I'd love to meet up with you both. I basically manage the FB pages of two bloggers (posting content, commenting, etc) and one of them I also run her IG page, posting 3 times a week. I wish I could do it full time but I can't so I'm a bit limited to how much I can do. I've also done things on one of their actual blogs...inputting photos, etc. It's fun.

      Delete
  2. Wow, great post and quotes. It's wonderful you have had the opportunity to meet up with some bloggers. I also try to browse others sites who link up to posts I enjoy (Marsha's is a favourite and I join in when I can). KL <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts