Tuesday 4.....Odds and Ends


Pondering Odds & Ends


Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 kept up in her memory.
We offer 4 questions for you to ponder and consider each week.   Hopefully they make you stop and think and even get to know yourself and other Bloggers a bit better.

It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author

 Here we go discussing some personal thoughts this week....

1. Do you have a favorite gem stone? Oh boy, I'm not sure. I have a fire opal that my hubby got me when he was in Australia and I love it. I honestly think it just depends. I love unique things. I do find turquoise pretty,  and I tend to lean more towards the blue or green stones. Why is it a favorite. I have no real reason for any being a favorite. The fire opal is gorgeous because when it hits the right light, you can see "orange" making it look like fire. When I was younger I was fascinated with gemstones and even as an adult if we're on a vacation and go in a store that sells them I love to linger and look. 


2. Do you know and  understand the doctrines of your religious faith?  I will say yes. I became a Christian as a freshman in HS (roughly 1983ish) and over all those years have come to understand the "doctrines" of that faith, however, I will also say my understanding of the doctrine (since they change from denomination to denomination and church to church) and even some of the belief in the doctrines set, has been a bit deconstructed past the core belief that Jesus is the son of God and God created this universe etc...I feel like He never intended to live within the walls or box of doctrine or theological debate. I will leave it at that.  
    If you are not religious, do you have a personal doctrine you believe and live? I have never liked the term religious, again, I feel like it puts things in a box or a stigma. I suppose in the past people would have looked at me and my staunch set ways and thought me religious, maybe even still, but I have changed and grown over the years and would choose to not be seen that way.     
If this question is too personal.. tell us about your pet or favorite pastime. I'm going to share my favorite pastime anyways because it sounds fun. I love 3 things a lot...photography, cooking, reading. And then I'd throw in many other things I love to do depending on my time to do them...hiking, gardening, etc. 

3. Do you have a favorite décor style... as in classical, traditional, modern, mid century, colonial, etc? Oh boy! This has been a topic often in our home as we are trying to finish an addition. My hubby and I have VERY different tastes in decor so trying to find things that mesh can be tough. I think I have narrowed down my style, and I say narrowed down, because I honestly can find things to like in almost all styles. BUT with that said, I would say farmhouse and modern country are what I lean towards. Think Magnolia Joanna Gaines, etc. However, our home is craftsman which I love too, and the inside has a more craftsman feel, but I also think the modern farmhouse/country can be added in there...
    What do you like about it? I'm not a fan of clutter and I am tending to lean towards lighter colors and I feel those styles are just so inviting. 

We aren't in this part yet...we've used it a bit, but it's not quite done. We purchased that couch and we have to pick up two chairs we bought last weekend. But I feel like the green shiplap and even floors give it the farmhouse/country look.
Our cabinets are not farmhouse/country but I think tend to lean more towards craftsman, but I do love them, and I think the white backsplash and the lighter trim help marry the styles. 

4. Are  there any books or movies you want to see this summer? I would like to see the movie Dog and the Marry Me one. I'm not a huge movie fan. I have a huge list of books I'd like to read...too many to list. A few books (non-fiction) that are on my list to read are:

*I'll Be There (But I'll Be Wearing Sweatpants) by Amy Weatherly
*Taste: My Life Through Food by Stanley Tucci
*Enough Already: Learning to Love the Way I am Today by Valerie Bertinelli
*The Boys: A Memoir of Hollywood and Family by Ron Howard


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Love your kitchen! Yor books sound interesting. We watched Stanely Tucci when he was somewhere in Italy, maybe Tuscany?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely home. I like the sound of the first book.. just made me laugh. Thank you for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your furnishings. Very lovely. I read Ron & Clint Howard's book as well as Valerie Bertinelli. They were good reads. The other books sound interesting too. I have been reading older books by Elizabeth Caddell. I finished one in one day it was good and a shorter read. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the remainder of this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed two of the books I'm interested in. Sometimes a good short read is needed.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts