Taking in Life Around Me......#Sundaystills.....Feed the Birds



This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terrie from Second Wind LeisureI've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme.

This weeks theme is "feed the birds". I finally got around to commenting on almost everyone's posts from last week. Logging in to FB to comment (I use Blogger and not WP) wasn't working so I didn't comment on a few and then realized I could log in. using Twitter which worked. 

I love birds, but seem to struggle getting good photos of them, those buggers move so fast. 

The only bird feeder. I have is a hummingbird feeder. I really haven't successfully photographed one to my liking. I'll keep working on it.  I would love more feeders, but my hubby just thinks of all the bird poop everywhere. 

This picture above was in 2008 when we had the first snow after moving into our current house. He or she was so cute jumping up and grabbing seeds off the plants. 
When we visited Texas in March of 2021 we visited the Ft. Worth Botanicals. I just loved these. 
I love when the smelt are running in the river and the bald eagles and sea lions come out.

Above peacock also at botanical gardens. 
Goose at the nature refuge. 


I forgot a photo...my daughter got my father in law this bird feeder for Christmas (he loves them), and I caught this bird in it the other day. She had also sent me the photo below of an imposter in the feeder. 



My son in law loves hunting birds and so many times I've been tempted to share what he's gotten but then thought maybe I shouldn't. lol. I'd probably upset someone. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Great shots of your local birds, Kirstin! Hummers are hard to capture, so if you notice my best ones are of them sitting at the feeder! Love your eagle fishing shot! The botanical birds are so unique! All very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so difficult to photograph birds, and I've almost never tried because it's so frustrating. Maybe I'll give it a try this year and take out my "super-zoom" lens. The one with the goose is a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree Susanne. So hard. Zoom definitely helps for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts