Taking in Life Around Me......#Sundaystills......theme: Amethyst

This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terrie from Second Wind LeisureI've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme.

This week is a color theme, and the color is Amethyst. I'll admit, I'm not a fan of the color purple. Oh, I like purple flowers, but that's about it. It's just not a color I wear often or use in my decor. I was thinking when I saw the prompt, "do I even have any photos with purple in them?" We'll see what I can find. 

The above and below photo were taken in Palm Springs California when we were there on a business trip for my hubby. 

A more subtle purple, my daughter and I spotted the above Trillium while in the woods for a College class project. They are so pretty. I often see white ones, but an occasional purple one makes an appearance.

I'm not a fan of bearded Iris's but I love the more petite versions. 

Who can resist purple tulips. So pretty. 

Farmers Market flowers. So stunning. 



Above and below, a few years back my daughter and I took a day trip to Hood River, Oregon to visit a Lavender farm. 

butterfly on an aster (I think), on Orcas Island last August

The scent of lavender isn't my all time favorite, but I know it's benefits so I use it. I made a Calendula salve using some lavender essential oil.

I spy purple in those popsicle molds.
Purple ribbon in a bookmark made by my grandma! 

Do you see the purple flowers blooming on this baby?
Beautiful butterfly on some pretty purple flowers. 

Purple hue to this beautiful sky!
This pic of my grandson in 2018 makes me smile. Laying outside on a blanket with a pair of cool shades on...lol. 
I love this floral mural in Portland. So pretty. 
Purple sand toys! 

I guess I had more than I thought I did. There were a few others I wanted to share but for some reason, my computer won't let me load anything this morning. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. You did manage to capture a LOT of purple, Kirstin, not bad for a color you are not in love with! I had to chuckle at the purple glasses on the baby--what a crack-up! The pic of your daughter with the lavender is beautiful! Great collection, and I adore the purple sky! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Funny right! But I love the color in nature.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts