Taking in Life Around Me.......#Sundaystills.....Pets


This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terrie from Second Wind LeisureI've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme.

I'm late to the party...not surprising. Yesterdays theme was Love your pet. I grew up with pets...all kinds, BUT we no longer have any because we just don't have the time to put into them. Because of that I scrounged up some photos of just a few of our pets from the past and a few in more recent years. It's always fun looking through photos. I know I could've found a few more but, well, time...the lack of it....uggh!  


My mom in England, pregnant with me, and our dog Nappy (Napolean)


My mom and our cat Allen. 

Allens brother Edgar, or as we called him "Squeak" because he didn't have a normal meow. 

Me in Ohio, I think my senior year (my senior pic is on that table), with my grandma and grandpas dog Austie. 
My dad and sister with our dog Chessie. He was a black Lab/Samoyed husky mix. 

Me with my grandparents poodle Pierre.

When we lived in Ohio we had quite a few dogs, including some beagles. 

 Me with my cat Abby. My dad hated cats but one day my sister and I brought home two, and the rest was history. He became a cat lover. 

My oldest daughter and my parents dog Shelby.

Apparently the Amazon delivery guy a few weeks ago asked if the deer (not these ones) in my front yard were mine...haha!

We did have an outdoor "barn" cat for almost 8 years but he disappeared last year. He was a good cat. 



He loved my daughters chocolate lab, Benelli. We got him in December (my daughter brought him home from the farm) so we called him Blitz (like Blitzen).

My daughter and son in law have a 5 month old Australian Labradoodle, named Ginger. She's a sweetheart, but still all puppy (though in her defense, she does a good job). 

She and my granddaughter are trouble makers. 

Watching Indy play with his motorcycles...probably plotting how she's going to grab one to chew. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. What a wonderful walk down memory lane with your pets and family, Kirstin! You've had your share of pets over the years. Those are some great pics! My mom raised show collies for years, even when we lived in Beaverton, and at one point I think we had 12 of them. Lot of memories at those endless dog shows. Your barn cat reminds me of my cat Stormy, almost exact facial coloring. You look so pretty in your senior pic. Love your grand-dog, too. All those deer--what a great shot--makes me feel like all of ours are our pets, too, since we see them every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. We also had our share of chickens, a turkey and rabbits (which my dad intended to butcher but we decided they were pets)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts