Wednesday Hodgepodge





1. January 25th is National Opposites Day. 'They' say opposites attract...do you agree, and if so is that a good thing? Well, I think they can attract, and in many regards it is good for us to have relationships with others who are opposite us, to stretch us out of comfort zones, push us to do new things or think new thoughts, BUT I don't believe this is always true! Sometimes it can be detrimental, or we find ourselves catering to the other persons likes, interests, tastes, and it's not always reciprocated. Or if that person causes us to compromise our beliefs, standards, etc. Or do you subscribe more to a 'birds of a feather' philosophy? I believe it's important to also find those who are like minded, who we can share our hearts with, who have the same interests, values, etc. I guess it's a balancing act. We have to decide what things we can function with as "opposites" and what are deal breakers.

2. Something you're glad to have behind you? Hmm...I really don't know. Practically, I'm going to say this home addition project...it's not quite behind us, but very close. Something you're glad is ahead of you? Once the building part is done I'm looking forward to focusing on the outside of the house. This has been a project we started in 2006 and it would just be so nice to be done. I'm also looking forward to some vacations this year.

3. Your favorite hot food? In winter, I love a good soup, I love chicken soup with dumplings, in the summer I love bbq chicken or ribs on the grill. Cold food? I suppose ice cream. But as a non sweet, I love a really good salad. Are you a fan of breakfast for dinner? We don't have it often, but I'm not opposed to it.

4. Are you someone who always arrives to appointments/events early or do you tend to run late? I'm always a bit early, so if something starts at 10:00, I'm going to try and arrive no later than 9:55, preferably 9:50. Last thing you were late for? I have no idea! If we count a menstrual cycle, mine have been whacked out for the last year and I'm often late. 

5. "What good is the warmth of summer without the cold of winter to give it sweetness?" John Steinbeck....Your thoughts? If we're thinking in terms of climate, I've always lived in states that experiences all the seasons, so I'm not sure how to compare this. I do know that after the cold and wet of winter and spring, and sometimes fall....we look so forward to summer. I also think that when we are experiencing a "winter season" in our lives, it makes the "season of summer" more appreciated and 'sweet'. We are going to experience many "opposites", and if we are in the right frame of mind we learn how to take one with the other; rich-poor, sick-healthy, happy-sad, etc. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. I'm heading out soon to babysit the grandies. It will most likely be a busy day, but I do love spending time with them. I don't know if I mentioned they have a puppy before. Ginger is an australian labradoodle, and she's super cute and sweet, but she's a PUPPY! She's biting everything, she'll ring the bells on the door when she wants to go out, but lately it's been more "I want to go out but don't want to go potty". The other day she peed twice in the house...I guess I should have stayed out longer with her. They don't have a fenced yard and honestly I don't feel like they live in an area that if they did you'd leave the dog out...someone might steal it...Sad but true! So it'll be busy. If everyone naps, that's always nice because I can pause and read or catch up on some online work or blogging. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Wow sounds like you had your hands full if the grandchildren are still young enough to need naps and then throw a puppy into the mix lol. I'm sure the puppy is very cute until you're mopping up pee lol. I definitely wouldn't be leaving that puppy outside, fence or no fence. Dog theft has been on the increase here in the UK during the pandemic. I hope you did get a break while they napped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. You are so right! That is so sad about the dog theft. In the area my daughter lives, you have to keep a close eye on everything because of theft.

      Delete
  2. Well by now you are probably needing to put your feet up after chasing and entertaining everyone including the puppy. I'm tired just thinking about that. We had the grands here last night and I was happily wiped out by the time they left. Happy Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...ohh yes! I'm so tired by the end of the day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts