Weekend Coffee Share.....Come Sit with Me



It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. 

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about:

First off, I'd apologize to everyone for making the rounds this week to comment. It's been really busy at work and I've just been really tired. It's temping to not even post til after Christmas but I don't want to get out of the groove. 

The weather: Well, the usual NW rain. Thinking for all those who have been affected by the tornados. Were any of you in harms way? I sure hope not. 

What we're thinking about: I'm thinking that I may need to skip next week. I am watching our 2 grandkids next Thursday through the following Tuesday and I'm just not sure I'll have much downtime and it's our busy season at work so I can't take any time off. Unless I get ahead of things and get the post done early and schedule it, but let's be honest, I don't think that'll happen. But I'll be back the following week (though that's Christmas) so, well, maybe I will end up waiting til after the holidays. We'll see. 

What we're thankful for: I'm thankful for people who say the right things at the right time that helps perspective. Two of my co-workers did this for me last week when I was sharing something that just kind of was messing with my thinking. It was kind of an ah-ha moment, and I've remembered that often. 

What we're reading or want to read: My birthday was the 9th and my oldest daughter got me a beautiful book by Jenn Johnson called All things Lovely: Inspiring Health and Wholeness in your home, heart and community. I'm so excited to read this. As always I enjoy reading everyone's posts. Leanne's posts over at Cresting the Hill have really been speaking to me. 




Around the house: Backsplash throughout the house is complete. Appliances are installed, though they have to come out and check the oven since one of the doors is not level. Carpet should be delivered next week. We're getting there....slowly but surely. We still need to purchase bathroom mirrors and lights as well as pendants for the kitchen.

I'm in love with this stove and this accent piece of backsplash. I wanted something subtle. My hubby and our buddy came up with the idea of the herringbone pattern. 
It's still a huge mess, but it's coming along. 
Bathtub surround is done. I can't wait to make this an oasis! 


From the Kitchen: My fave from the week was Tuscan garlic chicken. Usually I make it with Zoodles but because I made it on my birthday I went for pasta. So good! We are hosting a Friendsgiving tomorrow and I'm planning to make a Non dairy version of Spinach Artichoke dip...hoping it turns out well. Then I'm making my Italian Sprinkle cookies for dessert. 

Favorite Quote: I didn't contribute this week to #WQWWC...I just didn't have time, but this was a quote I shared a few weeks ago that is just so true, whether spoken or written.



Favorite Photo(s) from the week: My dad made me these years ago. He and my mom used to come down and do craft bazaars. They both had a creative knack. I did not get the painting gene. These are two of my favorite pieces of Christmas decor. I'll share a few things my mom made next week. 



That's all I've got for this week. 

Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Your kitchen and bathroom are looking great. The birdhouses are adorable. There is one more Weekend Coffee Share link up on December 17 before a holiday break. I hope to see you again then. If not, happy holidays to you and your family! Thank you for linking up with #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to post...I'll be watching my grandkids for 5 days so not sure I"ll have time to post.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kirstin - thanks for the lovely shout out and I'm so glad you're enjoying my posts and quotes lately. I've been feeling a shift within myself to being really settled and at peace with my life. I can look back on the stress of previous years and finally feel like it's behind me and the way ahead is a pleasant path indeed. I hope you're feeling the same way - and I bet you're glad the renovations are almost done and you can enjoy that new kitchen and the other spaces. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leanne...too bad everyone lives so far away otherwise we could have a party! Have a good rest of the week.

      Delete
  3. Isn't it wonderful when people around us can help us get back on track when our thinking is just too much? And talking about words...that quote is so true!! I wrote something about words from my past on my music blog a while ago. Words, when used incorrectly, can affect us negatively for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts