Weekend Coffee Share......Come Sit with Me

It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. 

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about:

The weather: It's getting that cold winter feel. Still very wet and it will be that way for the next "forever", haha, but it will be paired with some dry cold days with blue skies (like this morning) and it will make it all worth it. I always hope for snow, and a white Christmas BUT that is almost always wishful thinking. Our snow often doesn't come until January or February.

What we're thinking about: Aren't we always thinking about so much. I'm thinking that I feel bad, that I haven't had a chance to comment on any of the link parties I joined last week. I usually try to get to most of the posts, but this week flew by and I haven't done it. I'm thinking about a ring that belonged to my mom that has 9 stones in it. Originally it was supposed to go to my oldest daughter but my dad decided the stones should be split up and divided between 4 girls in the family. Well, that's not going to be cheap, probably around $30-40 a stone from what I gather from a phone call to a jewelers and how they are set. I'm going to need to ask my sister to pay for the removal of stones for her two girls. I'm thinking about the holidays and how I know for some people this is a hard season, not to mention those who struggle with seasonal disorders. Thinking about those who have lost loved ones and how each person will handle holidays differently, and that's okay. We have to let people grieve the way they need to.

What we're thankful for: This time of year when, yes, it can seem that people are grumpy, if we look at everyone around us, through the right lens, we can see so much generosity and appreciation. I joked at work that grumpy customers will be asked to sing a Christmas song. I'm thankful for resources that are at our disposal to encourage, build us up, feed our souls and spirits. 

What we're reading or want to read: I just got my Shelfrighteous book box, so I can't wait to start that, but I'm going to wait til I finish reading the other two I'm halfway through. I'm struggling to read the one for my book club (winter garden), it's really good but so close to home in regards to relationships that I tend to not pick it up. But I need to get it finished this week. There were also a few books recommended or I saw others read that I've added to my list of wanting to read. The Letter Keeper by Charles Martin, Miss Janies Girls by Carolyn Brown, Undistracted by Bob Goff, Enough Already by Valerie Bertinelli, The People we Keep by Allison Larkin.

I just love the things that come in our book box. This months had Stroop Waffles, a cute magnetic penguin book marker, a cup cozy, chapstick. Each item has to do with the book so it's extra fun to look for the reference within the book. 

My Amazon reading list is very long. Haha! 

Around the house: Well, things are moving along again. Plumbing fixtures have been installed. Appliances will be installed tomorrow (I'll to an IG video either tomorrow night or Tuesday morning). We also had our propane tank filled, and our Tankless water heater put in. We went with a tankless water heater because they take up less space than a traditional one, and we didn't really have a spot in this new part of our house for a regular water heater. I've heard great things about them so hoping it works for us. 

Our backsplash in the new part should be done this week as well as the rest of the tile in the bathroom. The existing part of the house looks great with it's new backsplash as well. I think by January we can fully occupy that part. 




Loving how all the plumbing fixtures look and I can't wait to use them!!! 
Tankless water heater is mounted outside the house. 
Current kitchen with new floors and backsplash. Once we move things to the new part I will probably use one section in this kitchen for my craft closet supplies. 

From the kitchen: Last week I made some yummy turkey lettuce wraps, enchiladas (per my daughter's request), chicken soup and then kind of whatever. This week we're doing ham and bean soup, Turkey lettuce wraps again because they're so easy, taco soup and tuscan garlic chicken. I usually try to plan out what meals I want to make. 

I'm going to start my list for Christmas food. Ingredients for my clam chowder and cinnamon rolls, also the Carmel corn and maybe a few cookies. I've been informed that I have to make the Italian Sprinkle cookies, and Carmel corn is always a must. 

Do you have a favorite holiday recipe you make? I love baking and in the past have made several things but I don't think I'll have time this year so I'll just make a few of the faves.

Favorite Quote: From my Writers Quote Wednesday Post...the theme was play/toys.



I don't know about you, but I love quotes, things that provoke my thoughts. These were so good.

Favorite Photo(s) from the week: Last week I mentioned we were taking our grandson to see Jurassic Quest. He LOVED it and this event was so awesome and so well put together. We were there two hours and he wanted to stay. He was in heaven. 

This one actually walked and he thought it was pretty cool! He talked to the worker the whole time. So fun. He is such a social guy. 
This one was so huge, and after a minute he asked to get off. He looked at the guy and said "I want to get off now". The guy said "well thank you for telling me". Indy replied "thanks". I think maybe it was just a bit too high for him. 


What we're listening to or watched: Have you heard of the site Talkshop live? It's basically a live social shopping network...anyways, kind of cool...but I just watched one with Valerie Bertinelli talking about her new book coming out called Enough. It was so good. 45 minutes where she just talked. So down to earth and transparent. I'm really interested in her book. 

Randomness: Sunday afternoon my youngest daughter, her friend and I headed out to get a tree. We picked up my grandson and he went with us. He was a bit concerned about how we were going to get the tree home and when I said we were putting it on top he said "I don't think that's going to work". He had so much fun! We finally found a tree, but were pretty wet afterwards because it rained. It was a fun afternoon though and we love our tree. 

"Measuring trees". Looking for baby trees, daddy trees, lady trees, mommy trees. So funny. 

We got a bit smaller tree than normal and my youngest was able to carry it out herself...lol 
All decorated. 


Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. How lovely to see the new kitchen come together! And the bathroom too? I haven't understood if you're renovating, or building a new house.
    That picture of you with the book box is lovely! Your Christmas tree looks good - it doesn't need to be so large! We got a tree too this weekend - much smaller because we have a very small house with small rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirstin, Your house progress and Christmas tree look beautiful. The picture of your grandson and the tree is so cute. Thank you for your #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun and wonder and joy in this post! I don't know where to begin...your grandson at the Jurassic place was so cute, and I totally understand his request "can I get down now?" Oh I love that you went tree hunting together and got to find your own special tree and cut it. We used to do that up north, and have actually done it here in Florida a few times, but the trees here are much different than the trees you found. It was quite a "trip" in so many ways, but a fun thing to do. I love your plumbing fixtures, etc. and I know you are going to love your new spaces and places in your home. Can't wait to see it all. I'd love to hear how you like your tankless water heater. I've wanted to do that too, especially would like one for our end of the house where our bathrooms are as it takes forever for the hot water to reach us from the other end of the house where the hot water heater is. We are on city water, and we waste so much water waiting for it to get hot. I think the tankless W.H. would pay for itself in no time. Well, I've enjoyed this while sipping my morning cup of tea. Thank you for sharing with us. It was delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, I hope you don't mind but I shared your quotes on my blog tonight, https://pamelasopenwindow.blogspot.com/2021/12/monday-morning-reflections.html
      They fit me so perfectly I had to share them. Thank you!!

      Delete
  4. Visiting from Natalie's coffee share and stopping to say hello. I love your tree.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts