Wednesday Hodgepodge.....A Merry and Bright Hodgepodge

It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

This week is about all things merry and bright! I'll admit, I feel like this year is kind of wonky. I've messed up a few gifts, missing my dad, just feeling off some days, but I love this time of year and no matter what is happening, hope is there to be found and embraced. 

1. 'Tis the season to be jolly....so are you? I would say for the most part I am jolly. Work this time of year is especially chaotic but customers are usually great and if they aren't happy when they come in, they usually are in better spirits by the time they leave, and if they aren't, well, I'm not sure they can be helped. ha! While there are things that can try to dampen the "jolly" feeling, I know it is there. 

2. Do you trim a tree this time of year, and if so is yours all done? Yes and yes! We always try to get our tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving. I'd do it earlier except that most Christmas tree farms aren't open before then. However, we are talking about getting a faux tree next year so they'll be no stopping me from setting up early. What's something in your home-closet-life that needs to be trimmed in the new year? We are getting ready to move into our new addition, so when we transition some things over to that side, I'll be trimming things up. 

My daughter carrying this years tree.
All decorated

3. Are you 'dreaming of a white Christmas'? I'm always dreaming of a white Christmas.  Is that a possibility where you'll be celebrating? Well, anything is possible, but typically where I am, we don't get snow often, and if we do it just spits. If any significant snow happens it's usually not til January or February. According to this site the top ten places in the US you can count on for a white Christmas are- North Pole Alaska, Crater Lake Oregon, Yellowstone National Park, Winthrop Washington, Aspen Colorado, Ketchum Idaho, Mt. Washington New Hampshire, Whitefish Montana, Duluth Minnesota, and the Lake Tahoe town of Truckee California

Of the snowy spots listed which would you most like to visit? ooohh Aspen Colorado, and Lake Tahoe (we have friends who live in Truckee)..of course Whitefish Montana would be pretty....I have been to Wintrop. 

Our snow last February...we got a good dumping. I was a wee bit excited.

4. December 8th is National Brownie Day...will you be celebrating? No, because it's 8:22 pm and I just now realized it was National Brownie Day. Ha! I always miss these days. How do you like your brownies-chewy or cake-like, frosted or plain, nuts or no nuts, a piece from the middle or give me the corner? I love brownies...chewy, moist, with nuts, definitely the middle, and I don't mind frosted either. As a child were you a member of a brownie troop? No I wasn't. My sister was though. 

5. Share a favorite line or two from a Christmas carol or holiday tune. Oh man! I LOVE Christmas songs so this is not going to be easy. Several years ago I went to a Mercy Me and Steven Curtis Chapman Christmas concert and it was one of the best I've ever been to. 

My Spotify Christmas playlist has 133 songs on it, and my daughter just sent me another playlist to listen to. I don't think I'll even try saying a favorite, though these lyrics from Amy Grant are some of my faves...

"I need a silent night...a holy night...to hear an angel voice through the chaos and the noise. I need a midnight clear, a little peace right here, to end this crazy day with a silent night"

I just feel like this truly embodies what we all probably feel on a daily basis sometimes. Of course I love the joyful, jolly, songs as well. Like I said, 133 songs! Even Dominick the Christmas Donkey! 



 


 6. Insert your own random thought here. Not many random thoughts today. I'm tired. I'll save them for the Weekend Coffee Share. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I kind of miss having a real tree we cut down but I don't miss the allergies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love a real tree. Would love to have one. However because of my extensive collection of ornaments it just got to be too difficult. Now I can wait and keep the tree up a few weeks after Christmas. Your tree looks lovely. Your daughter is beautiful. Sounds like we like our brownies the same way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! The one thing I'll enjoy about a fake tree is setting it up early and taking it down when I feel like it

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts