Tuesday 4.....Names



 It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.


This week let's talk about your name!    

1. What name would you take if you had to change your name?  Oh, boy! Good question. I've never minded my name and I'm not sure that now, at the age of 53 I could think of a name I'd want. I sometimes think it would be fun to go by one of my nicknames: Kiki or Kirstie. 

2.  What is the meaning of your name.. how about your last name, do you know it's meaning? My names origin is Scandanavian and means follower of Christ, anointed, walks with God. I have never looked into my last name so here we go, let's see what I can find. So my Maiden name is of Slavic origin, Bozic or Bozich and means Christmas, that's really cool. For fun I did try looking up my moms maiden name (DiLuciano, but was possibly Luciano and added the Di when they came to America), and my current last name (Troyer) but couldn't find much of anything, but now it's fascinating me and I think at some point I will go down a rabbit hole looking. 

3. Do you think you fit your name and it's meaning? I think so. I mean, I've never been anything different so yes. And yes, I do fit it's meaning. 

4. Were you named after anyone or given your name for a specific reason?  Well, my mom always said she chose my name after hearing it on a show in England where they were stationed, but I don't know what it was. How about your kids? We just liked the names. A friend of ours in college I suppose would be the inspiration behind our youngest daughter's name, and we heard the name of our youngest daughters on a TV show. We are also a family where all our names start with "K". Kaitlynn, Kristianna, Kirstin, Kevin. 

As always thank you so much for joining in and making this a success. It just means the world to me.  And, remember I am always looking for topics and questions so leave a comment if you have any!


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Your maiden name is amazing! Christmas! How cool is that. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie. I've had a hard time getting around to commenting the last few weeks ugh.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting answers to the questions today. I like your name. I didn't play today, the questions just didn't excite me. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I almost didn't just because of time. I haven't had much time to get around to comment so I felt bad posting if I couldn't comment...lol

      Delete
  3. That is cool, Kristin that your name means Christmas. Hope you are doing well. I've been thinking about you this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marsha. I didn't get around to posting last week. Hopefully this week. Things have just been busy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts