10 on the 10th winter holiday edition

It's time for another 10 on the 10th hosted by Leslie from Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After. This month we're answering questions about winter holidays.

I'm a little late to the party...Life has been busy, as I'm sure it is for many of you too, but I just have had a harder time sitting down to blog. I'm not sure how many photos I'll add here.

1) In what ways do you decorate for the winter holiday season? I love decorating for winter/Christmas. I decorate the tree, but also the main living area and porch. Do you use traditional colors or have your own color scheme? I typically like to stick with traditional colors. I love white lights and then my balls are normally red and gold, though we have a few sets of silver/black(plaid). Is there a theme to your decorating? No real theme...I have many nostalgic ornaments on my tree and I try to buy a new one each year. I suppose I do like snowmen and old fashioned looking Santas.





2)Share a family holiday tradition or recipe. Is there something new you plan to try this year? One tradition we started years ago was clam chowder on Christmas Eve and Cinnamon rolls on Christmas day. When our girls were little we'd take them around to look at Christmas lights. I also make Caramel corn every year. I love baking cookies, but I haven't had time this year.


3)Do you have a favorite Christmas book, movie, song or TV show? I love Miracle on 34th St (the new version best), Eloise at Christmas, The Most Wonderful Time of Year are my favorite movies. I don't really have a favorite book, but years ago I did receive a book from the older lady we lived with while we built our house called The Christmases we used to Know...a sleighful of memories from Yuletides Past.. Why is it special to you? The movies I just enjoy, but the book is special because the amazing woman who gave it to me, knew I would treasure it, and the book is filled with so many neat stories. Is there a popular holiday book, program or movie you have never seen? Hmmmm...I'm sure there are many I've never seen...I've never seen Christmas with the Kranks or the other really popular one that I can't remember the name of.




4)How do you handle the stress of the holidays? It takes a lot to stress me out, but I try to keep my expectations realistic. Am I always successful? No, but I try. This year I have not put too much pressure on myself for things, done most of my shopping online (I'm sorry US Postal Service), and decided not to bake. Do you have some go-to for restoring calm to your life when things get crazy? For me just having some quiet time, or listening to Christmas music, watch a movie, take a bath.



5)What will you wear over the holidays? Do you dress up for New Year’s Eve? I am not one to dress up, or I should say overly dress up. I'm just not a fancy person. It usually depends on how I'm feeling. I did buy a comfy dress this year for a Christmas party at my hubby's work, so maybe I'll wear that with some leggings.



6)How do you feel about snow? I LOVE snow!!!! What are the chances you will see a white Christmas? Slim to none! Our snow usually comes in January or February. It may spit here and there the other months.
Do you enjoy any snow day activities? Nowadays I just like walking in the snow, or watching it out the window. I used to love inner tubing. I'll make a snowman if I have someone to help me. I would love to try snow shoeing. What will the weather be like where you live in this last month of the year? It will be VERY wet!!!
Snow from February 2021! We got a little over a foot at our house. I was in heaven.



7)Do you have a gift-giving budget? Yes, we budget throughout the year. For how many people do buy gifts? We purchase for about 12-15 people and then maybe a few friends. It just depends. Do you buy for the postman, your hair dresser, nail tech, children’s teachers? I don't buy gifts for extras, but I do give my mail person caramel corn. Now I just bring a few tubs to our post office for everyone to share. When do you open gift? We open on Christmas Day. Who is the hardest person you buy for? My husband for sure!


8)If you could give a kind of impossible gift to someone, what would it be? Oh boy. I'm not sure..I suppose what I've always wanted to do was to be able to pay off all of my family members (immediate and extended) debt and provide them something they really need, whether a home, or vehicle. Perhaps something beyond your price range? Or something you can’t buy. Something intangible. I suppose I'd love to give people the gift of feeling confident in who they are. Of taking away their anxiety, depression, worry.

9)As we bid farewell to 2021, what was your biggest success this year? Oh boy. I'm honestly not sure. I know that seems weird, but life just was pretty normal. I suppose a big success for us as a family is getting our house closer to being finished, but I didn't necessarily do the work. Will you be making goals or resolutions or plans for 2022? If so, what will some of them be? I don't really like resolutions. I usually choose a word for the year, but again, if I'm honest, I sometimes am not good at thinking about that word throughout the year. It's a struggle. I would like to continue to learn and grow, to not worry about what people think of me when they don't truly know me. To try and mend the relationship with my sister. I want to blog more, photograph things more, go on more local adventures, manage my time better.


10)Describe 2021 in 3 words. Many mixed emotions. Name 3 things you wish for in 2022. our home to be fully completed, Better fitness/weightloss/health, to be intentional with emotional, mental, spiritual growth.


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. That comfy dress is super cute...and your home is lovely (even with a foot of snow)!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts