Weekend Coffee Share......Come Sit with Me
It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try.
If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about:
The weather: I was checking the weather last night and saw a wind advisory. I thought that maybe my app hadn't refreshed from the last wind advisory we had, but nope, it's showing today (Thursday) should be a blustery one. I know I won't have this post finished by this morning so I'll let you know if it was real or a "just kidding" (we get those a lot). Otherwise it's been really wet. Well, it was a "just kidding" kind of day. It was a bit blustery but nothing to write home about. I'm always excited when there's snow in the forecast and then totally let down when it just "spits".
What we're thinking about: Just life in general. Navigating life parentless and with a broken sibling relationship hasn't been fun. It's not that it's been debilitating, but it's just been sad. I'm so thankful for my in-laws, my husband, and daughters and my extended family, but there is that sadness that things may never be repaired and life just looks different.
Oh, and a few weeks ago I participated in a link party called Tuesday 4. I participated twice, but then haven't seen one since then, so not sure if they quit doing it or what. Hmm.
What we're thankful for: I listened to the podcast I mention below and so I'm choosing to be very thankful for my body and all that she has carried me through all these years. I am thankful that despite the aches and pains I sometimes experience, that she has remained strong, and healthy. I'm thankful that I'm learning to listen to her when she gives me signals to slow down or that something isn't quite right.
What we're reading: Getting ready to pick our new book club book, and it's a tie between "Winter Garden" and "The Keeper of Lost Things". I've still been reading "The Bookshop of Yesterdays". I plan to order Jo Tracey's book that just came out "The little Cafe by the Lake". I also got the email from See Mom Click with Amazons first reads, that comes out every month. Amazon prime members get one free book each month from a selection that she lists.
Around the home: Well, trim boards are being painted. Hopefully this weekend pad is being poured for propane tank. It was supposed to happen last week but the workers for the concrete company were sick. More choices for backsplash and carpet, but I think we've made a decision. Still just on slow motion.
Way too many carpet choices...lol. I kind of lean towards one with a bit of speckle (or as my daughter says, the ones that look like wild rice), even though at first I didn't care for it. When I held a few up to our bedroom walls, I felt like the solids just made the room look boring.
These are the choices for the backsplash....as of right now...ha! I like both, but kind of leaning towards the glass one (bottom). I think it would be pretty and subtle.
These are the choices for the backsplash....as of right now...ha! I like both, but kind of leaning towards the glass one (bottom). I think it would be pretty and subtle.
My daughter asked if she could get the Christmas Decorations down and go through them, analyze what we had and what we might need because Hobby Lobby had all their Christmas Decor 50% off. Haha. I did no decorating for fall because things just seemed up in the air and I just didn't have it in me. I do want to decorate for Christmas. Update....we got the Christmas tubs down and stored on the porch.
From the Kitchen: I had a few new recipes on the menu this week but so far have only made one. It was a cheesy broccoli soup, but I also added chopped asparagus and some leftover baked potato. it turned out really good. It was meant for crockpot, but I just did it stove top. The others I have is a crock pot chicken and dumpling soup, but I plan to use gnocchi instead of dumplings (it called for canned biscuits and I couldn't find organic ones in the store), also a peanut thai noodle dish that looked yummy. Maybe next week or this weekend I'll make those. I am making a meal on Sunday for a friend who just had a baby. That will be a pasta dish she sent me.
Favorite quote: I shared this for our Writers Quote Wednesday Writing Challenge this week.
Favorite photo of the week: Well, life was so boring this week, I took absolutely no photos...haha. I took videos of my grandkids but no photos. So here's this one. Eating my cheesy broccoli soup and reading my Big Boards for Families cookbook.
Oh, and that bread. I found a loaf of English Muffin Bread on Safeway's clearance rack. Oh my goodness. It's so good! I'm keeping my eye open for it from now on.
What we've listened to or watched: Yesterday and today I listened to (twice) a podcast interview that Jen Hatmaker did with Lexie and Lindsay Kite titled "YOU are more than Beauty". It was really good. One quote they shared that I liked was "your body is an instrument, not a decoration"
Randomness: The pumpkin patch season is over so now my weekends are free. Tomorrow I hope to play catch up on some neglected tasks around the house and go grocery shopping. My hubby is having some guys up to watch MMA fights so we'll prepare something for that food wise. I purchased some new file folders and hanging folders so I can reorganize my file drawer but they haven't come yet, so that probably won't happen tomorrow. Maybe I'll even get some reading done.
I've been on call for Jury Duty since last week, but so far haven't had to report. I'm hoping it stays that way.
I've been on call for Jury Duty since last week, but so far haven't had to report. I'm hoping it stays that way.
Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare
Kirstin






There are way too many carpet choices! Looking forward to seeing the finished look!
ReplyDeleteHaha.. I agree...though at least they're in the same "family" I suppose.
DeleteGood for you to have made a decision on the backsplash and carpet choices. Thank you for linking up with #weekendcoffeeshare.
ReplyDeleteThanks Natalie!
DeleteSo many design choices. We're currently looking for carpet for the Hervey Bay place and it's a case of do I like this beige one or this sandy beige one or this grey beige one. Thanks also for the shout-out. I really appreciate your support.
ReplyDeleteLol. I know, right! How many variations of one color can there be.....apparently a lot! I just ordered your new book so planning to start it this next week, or if I can get the other kindle book I'm reading done. I always start several and need to learn to focus and finish one or two at a time. I always have one kindle one going and one paper one going.
DeleteHi Kirstin - I really like the glass backsplash tiles and the cheesey broccoli soup looks delicious. We've just bought a new tree for Christmas - less to decorate and fuss around with. I'm looking forward to downsizing our decorations a little to make it all easier when the time comes to put the tree and lights up.
ReplyDeleteThank you. It's hard to decide but I think we made a decision. I love the glass one but we ended up with a different one, which is fine, we have a glass one in the bathroom.
Delete"Your body is an instrument, not a decoration"--I love that so much. Thanks for sharing. I think that one will stick with me.
ReplyDeleteChicken and dumpling soup sounds amazing! If you make it, I hope you share the results on here.
Thank you Janet.
Delete