Wednesday Hodgepodge.....Welcome November
2. Is Daylight Savings Time a thing where you live? Yes we have daylight savings time. Do you think we should continue setting the clocks forward and back? I'm not sure. But I really hate when it gets dark early and light later. Why or why not? If you could add an extra hour to your day would you want it added morning-noon-night? I'm not a night owl so I think I'd want it added to my morning or afternoon. Do you think it likely you'd be more productive or more likely that you'd just waste more time? I'd definitely be more productive.
3. Who is your favorite author? Oh boy. I don't think I have a favorite author. Though I really enjoy reading. Years ago I really loved reading some of the book series by popular female Christian authors. It's gotten harder to really take time and read, and they've mostly been from book clubs. Your favorite book by your favorite author? Again, I really don't know. Nothing is coming to mind at the moment.
4. It's National Sandwich Day...will you celebrate? Probably not, unless I have a sandwich for lunch. How often do you eat a sandwich? I don't eat them too often. What's your favorite? I like a good meat sandwich loaded with veggies...or a yummy grilled cheese.
5. Have you started your Christmas shopping? We did buy three gifts so far. If so when did you start? Just last week. If not when will you start? I always have the idea of getting all my shopping done early, but I never seem to do it. Do you give more or fewer gifts than you did five years ago? I think we've added more people (grandkids, spouses), so in a sense more, but each person gets less because there are more and they also like items that cost more.
6. Insert your own random thought here. Heading off soon to babysit my grandkids. It'll be a busy but fun day. I've felt like I've been burning the candle at both ends and squeezing in things that I enjoy, like blog posts, or reading or other things I kind of would like to do but just end up not feeling like it. Uggh! I know it's just the season of life and I probably need to decide what is most important and some things just need to be let go of for the time being.
have a great week everyone.
Kirstin


I understand your feelings about squeezing in things like blog reading and visiting. I do agree it's a season. I try to prioritize my blog a couple of times a week and the HP is good for making me put something here. I have not had a lot of time to read and visit though and would love to get back to more of that.
ReplyDeleteHope you get the slowdown you need. Enjoy those grands. Happy November and Hodgepodge to you!
ReplyDeleteHope your had fun babysitting. I love a nice grilled cheese sandwich. I found myself buying a few Christmas gifts over the last few days online.
ReplyDelete