Wednesday Hodgepodge
2. How do you feel about leftovers, not just on Thanksgiving but after any meal? Favorite thing to make/eat using your Thanksgiving leftovers? Give me all the leftovers. I LOVE them. Some things are even better as leftovers...soups, lasagna. Using TG leftovers, I love making Turkey and wild rice soup. I've made these two recipes. Here, and here. Because I don't host, I usually don't end up with many leftovers. Often times we'll go down to my inlaws the day after TG for leftovers and play games and see her Christmas decor.
3. Sherwin Williams unveiled it's 2022 Color of the Year-Evergreen Fog. Are you a fan? That is a beautiful color. I love it. Would I find this mid-tone gray green shade anywhere in your house? Yes, you probably would. Probably in a bedroom. Does your house need painting? Yes and no. Inside or out? We are in the process of finishing up an addition and so this last spring/summer we repainted the entire exterior, and then obviously painted the walls in the new addition. We have one wall in our main room that will be shiplap with a green that will accent the green in our granite counters. I can't find the name though. We had a water loss in our current kitchen so we had to tear out part of the drywall, which led us to repaint the kitchen and hall in the old part of the house. What one space is most in need of a paint job? I would like to paint the main living area in the current part of the house. Are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire a professional? It depends on the task..but painting, we do it ourselves.
These are two rooms in the new addition, top is office, and bottom is master bedroom.
4. What is one aspect of the way you were parented that you are grateful for today? We were taught the value of hard work and loving those who are often hard to love.
5. Write an acrostic for the word-thankful
Thinking a lot of what
Home means, having a grateful heart
And
Needing to remember and
Know that my
Family and friends are filled
Unconditional
Love
6. Insert your own random thought here. It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week. Yikes. I was thinking it was still another 2 weeks away. I just sent my MIL a message asking what she'd like me to bring. Usually I bring a from scratch green bean casserole, so we'll see.
I will also say I've been feeling a bit blah lately. My cycle has been off quite a bit this year, and after not having it for 3 months, it arrived Friday. Ugghh. Thankfully my naturapath gave me some things to take and hopefully it helps. I had a time at the beginning of the year where it was late, then I started and was on it for 4+ weeks (not fun), then normal for several months, then 3 months of nothing, then Friday...surprise. Uggh! The first time I went months, my hubby about drove me nuts asking if I was sure I wasn't pregnant...lol...I was like dude, you had a vasectomy, and no I'm not pregnant....but to make him happy, I bought a test from Amazon and then sent him the pic saying NOT PREGNANT....haha. So, that hasn't been fun, BUT the supplements and things I'm taking, I think have been helping for sure.


Hello Kirstin, Oye! Sorry about your random. I know how miserable that can be. Hope what you are doing helps. Love the colors you have painted in your home and I love your acrostic, too! Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ellen. The color in our office is more muted than what the pictures show, we love them.
DeleteI can't believe how quickly November is flying by and I agree whole-heartedly that coffee can be a great blessing at times!
ReplyDeleteIt is crazy how fast it goes by.
DeleteCoffee is definitely one of those little things I am always thankful for.
ReplyDeleteYes and amen
DeleteCoffee does taste good in the morning. I love leftovers too. The addition room looks awesome. Loved your acrostic. Sorry about your issues in your random thought. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting Debby.
Delete