Wednesday Hodgepodge


It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.


1. How did you name your blog and do you now wish you had thought about it maybe another five minutes before hitting publish? When I started my blog in 2007 I felt like the name I chose was fitting. "Loving Life". I really don't know what exactly prompted it, but I do know that my mantra has been that no matter what is going on around us, we can always love life, and love the life we live. Would you change your blog title if it were not a huge pain in the derriere? I don't think I would change it. I had thought about it once or twice, but I don't know what I would change it to and I feel like it fits me. Every now and then I think I'd like to change the "look" of it or have been tempted to change platforms, but that would be a HUGE pain and I don't have the time for it. I chose a whimsical theme on my header because I wanted to be reminded to enjoy whimsy, to not take life so seriously. 

2. What bill do you least like to pay? Oh man. I don't like to pay the medical bill because I feel like we are so overcharged for such little coverage. Probably also our credit card. We have two and we pay them off monthly so I have to make sure all our receipts and money lines up to pay them when they're due. 

3. What is your favorite word? Okay okay, calm down. How about one of your favorite words? I don't know, I'm not sure I have a word I always use, I love when my MIL says "Oh my Garsh", but I love hearing the word "Nonni Kiki" come out of my grandsons mouth. It's music to my ears.  

4. Is the glass half full or half empty? Elaborate. I have always been a glass half full person. I've always been more positive than negative, believing the best about people and situations, and even when they prove to not be the best, I'm able to roll with it and not let it derail me completely. I saw a few quotes that talked about the point isn't that the glass is half full or half empty, but that it's refillable. How good is that. Another one said be grateful you have a glass and there's something in it. So, so true! Because even the most optimistic person has those days! I mean, somedays we'd probably like to pour the glass out and start over right?

5. Were you here for that very first Hodgepodge post? I was not here for the first one. I wish I was though. How fun. I hope it keeps going! If so, were your answers then similar to what they are today? Tell us what was happening in your life in November of 2010? In November of 2010 I was a homeschooling mama and when I looked back on my blog posts from that month, I posted quite a few times. I'll have to go back and read some of them. When I look back at people who commented back then (which weren't many), sometimes I wonder what happened to them. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. We are full into fall here in the PNW. Lots of rain, mixed with some sunny days, and windy days. You never know what it will be like. I'm wanting to get my Christmas shopping going. I don't like procrastinating and waiting until the last minute, but it always seems to end up that way.


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I was thinking the same about bloggers who fell away. Some I'm friends with on Facebook so keep up that way which is nice but definitely not the same as blogging. I have more shopping done this year than any other Christmas I can remember. Still a bunch to do, but I am feeling good about what's done. Glad you found the Hodgepodge! Thanks for playing along each week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Joyce. Have a wonderful rest of the week. I'm so glad I'm meeing new people.

      Delete
  2. I am with you on wanting to get my Christmas shopping going. We are in limbo with our move so I haven't wanted to buy things till I have somewhere to put them, but man it's right around the corner isn't it! I enjoyed your answers today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a move would definitely make it a bit hard. Thank you for visiting. I hope to get around to everyone soon.

      Delete
  3. I, too, wonder about the people who have come and gone in the blogging world. I like the refilling the glass thought! Happy Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting Ellen. Happy Hodgepodge to you too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts